XXII Curso Intensivo de Endodoncia para el Clínico General
In recent years, the field of Endodontics has evolved dramatically to the point that it is virtually essential to know about and keep abreast of this area in order to practice high quality dentistry.
This programme is aimed at both general and specialist practitioners seeking to enter the field or consolidate their knowledge of Endodontics. The advantage of this programmes is that it combines theory sessions covering the field’s most edge and advanced aspects with practical sessions with the latest materials and techniques. Students will be taught a step-by-step guide to high quality endodontic treatment.
The laboratory where practical work will be carried out has a number of optical microscopes where students can perform different treatments with high levels of enhanced vision.
The course offers a wide overview of endodontics where basic concepts of pulpo-periapical pathology, instrumentation and obturation will be covered. The goal of the "Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” is to introduce students to high quality endodontology treatments. The aim is for students to acquire practical skills in rotary and reciprocal instrumentation, as well as in thermoplastic obturation.
- To produce a correct diagnosis and treatment plan.
- To achieve a good chamber opening.
- To achieve the correct biomechanical preparation.
- To achieve the correct three-dimensional obturation.
- To deal correctly with endodontological emergencies and accidents.
The Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics is aimed at those professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish updating and broadening their knowledge in the field of endodontics and who do not have the time and/or means to undertake a longer course.
Competences to be acquired by students
- The Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics provides an update of knowledge, techniques and action protocols in line with the latest trends in the speciality.
- It is essentially a practical course that aims to introduce students to modern endodontics with the highest possible levels of confidence and security. To achieve this, the course offers a wide range of materials and techniques that students can put into practice in their own clinics.
- By the end of the course, the students will be qualified to carry out most endodontics treatments skilfully.
- Dr. Fernando Durán-Sindreu
- Dr. Gonzalo Gómez
The “Intensive Course for General Clinical Endodontics” is essentially a practical course. Practical sessions account for 70% of the course. Nevertheless, as an introduction to this practical work there will seminars on theory (30%).
The theoretical and practical program is the following:
- Chamber opening (under a microscope).
- Working length and apex locators.
- Formation of root canals (manual, rotary and reciprocating systems).
- Obturation of the root canals (different thermoplastic techniques).
- Irrigation of the root canals.
- Calcified root canals and how to treat them.
- Tooth resorption (types and treatments).
- Treatment and management of dental trauma.
- Pulp and periapical pathology.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Discussion based on clinical cases.
Prerequisites & admissions
- To be a stomatologist or dentist.