Master of Laws in Taxation
Faculty of Law
Reasons for choosing this Master’s degree
- High quality of teaching staff
- Modern and practical methodology
- Compatibility with professional activity
- Personalised attention
The Master’s degree of Laws in Taxation (MAF) programme, organised by UIC Barcelona in partnership with Cuatrecasas and Gonçalves Pereira, offers young graduates the highest level of specialisation in providing taxation advice to companies and individuals.
Providing expert taxation advice is today one of the career opportunities most in demand in the legal field. The knowledge and practice from traditional degrees is not enough to achieve excellence in this specialism: to reach the highest standards of quality a specialised Master’s degree’s course is an essential addition to your training.
The MAF at UIC Barcelona is just what you need to reach this level of expertise.
The programme is much more than just adding to and delving further into what you learn about taxation in an undergraduate degree. It is designed by specialists in taxation advice, based on the idea that its graduates should be able join the teams of the most prestigious specialists at a national and international level. To make sure this is the case, the teaching team includes the best professionals from top firms, alongside employees from the upper echelons of the Tax Authorities, judges and university lecturers. The idea is that Master’s degree students give the very best of themselves, achieving results well above the average. This will help them meet the requirements of the most prestigious firms and consultancies and, at the same time, be prepared for providing their professional services within the country's leading companies.
- Excellent training of students to work in the profession of legal-tax planning and advice at the highest level,
- An wide-ranging teaching model,
- Making the most of the connection between the academic and professional worlds, and
- Providing a wide-ranging and complete vision of the current reality and economic situation.
Who it is aimed at. Applicant profile
- University graduates, particularly those coming from legal and economics degrees (Law, Business Administration, Economics).
- Professionals who have recently entered the taxation advice employment market, and who require more in-depth knowledge of the different areas of taxation, a review of the knowledge they have acquired in their working life and a skills update.
- Professionals from other sectors, especially auditors, financial and administrative directors, accounting officers, asset managers and those working in corporate banking, for whom knowledge of taxation has become an important addition to their work.
The Master’s degree has been designed to be compatible with people who are in employment, since it is considered to be a course that will complement professional practice.
Competences. Course objectives
The main objective of this Master’s degree is to enable students to enter the professional world of taxation advice; to this end we try to emphasise the skills specific to the profession, but also include the human and personal perspective that should always be present. This allows us to ensure that during the course students acquire certain unique qualities:
- Hard workers: excellent individual and team working skills
- Excellent professionals: excellence in professional knowledge of taxation
- Good colleagues: the interpersonal and leadership skills needed to advance in their career
- Better people: professionals with an ethical perspective on the cases submitted to them
- BERTRÁN ROCABERT, Óscar
- CANO ARTESEROS, Sílvia
- CUYAS PRAT, Daniel
- DECLERCK, Adrien
- DOMINGUEZ ARBUES, Xavier
- DUCH PLAZA, Jaume
- DURANY PICH, Salvador
- ESCUDER DUFT, Álvaro
- GARCIA-VALDECASAS ALLOZA, Jose Maria
- GARRIDO ARCAS, Albert
- GOENA VIVES, Beatriz
- HORTALÀ VALLVÉ, Joan
- IZQUIERDO CABEZAS, Lidia
- IZQUIERDO MARTÍN, Deogracias
- PEDRO PEREZ, Silvia
- RAGUÉ SANTOS DE LAMADRID, Javier
- RAMOS LAMELAS, Juan Ignacio
- ROS GARCÍA DE VICUÑA, Laura
- ROVIRA DEL CANTO, Adolfo
- SALAS GARCIA, Antonio
- TORRES LUQUE, Natalia
- VIDAL MANCHA, Alexandra
- XIVILLÉ SALAMÓ, Xavier
- YUS GUIJARRO, Meritxell
It includes course-related work experience, which has a high weighting in the final grade. The students spend several months on a work placement in legal firms or organizations and companies that partner with the Faculty of Law of UIC Barcelona.The work placement rounds off an extremely practical course, in line with the teaching plan.
The following are some of the firms and entities which are working with the Faculty of Law to provide work placements:
|AGM||DAS Seguros||Oleart Abogados||Cases Lacambra||Grant Thornton||Roca Junyent|
|Amat & Vidal-Quadras||EY||PwC||CHR Legal||Grupo Gispert||Rousaud Costas Duran|
|Aquit Legal||Fermín Morales||Ramón y Cajal||Clifford Chance||Laboratorios Menarini||Toda & Nel-lo Abogados|
|Baker & McKenzie||Garrigues||Rey Abogados||Crowe Horwath||Manubens||Uría Menéndez|
|BM&A • Bufete Buigas||Gilabert & Bofarull||Ribas Asociados||Cuatrecasas||Martell Abogados||Yúfera abogados|
|Molins & Silva|
Prerequisites & admissions
- Degree in Law, Business Administration, Economics or other suitable degree, accredited or recognised in Spain
- Good academic record
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate intellectual curiosity and determination in performing tasks, good argumentation skills and ability to work hard, as well as capacity for teamworking with initiative and supportive of others.
If you have decided to apply for the MAF at UIC Barcelona, follow these steps to complete your admission process.
1. Online application
2. Send documentation
- Simple copy of degree certificate or document recognising degree, or receipt for payment of degree certificate issue costs.
- Simple copy of academic transcript for university studies completed, with average grade (1-10).
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- Photocopy of national identity card or passport.
- Professional CV.
- Letter stating student's personal reasons for choosing the Master’s degree, with special reference to applicability of the knowledge acquired (maximum 500 words).
- B2 level certificate, equivalent or higher, in English.
(*) Students with an official degree from outside the European Union will be informed in due time of the additional documentation necessary
The candidate may be asked to attend an interview with the Master’s degree coordinator.
Once accepted, you can begin the enrolment process.
Students are admitted to the MAF on the basis of a weighted assessment by the Admissions Committee of the following documentation:
- Covering letter.
- Academic record.
- Professional CV.
Grants & financial aid
Discounts for Alumni members.
Some other groups may be eligible for special discounts on certain programmes