University Master's Degree in Educational Psychology - Official (Online)
- Holders of degrees in Pre-Primary and Primary Education, Education, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or Community Education, or other degrees in the field of Social and Legal Sciences.
UIC Barcelona University Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology teaches you to face the challenges of educational psychology and to tackle research in this field rigorously, through a systematic and multidisciplinary education.
People who specialise in educational psychology will acquire competences in the field of educational psychology interventions, will be able to analyse the variables that a specific practical situation consists of and interpret it so as to take decisions. This is done both in order to modify them and also based on a search for innovation in various educational contexts (school, or socio-professional).
The information and admission process will be managed by the Institute for Higher University Education
Reasons to study this postgraduate
To enhance the participants’ competences as education professionals, enabling them to:
- Identify educational needs
- Facilitate action strategies based on the criteria of educational psychology
- Play an active role in improving teaching and learning processes
- To produce professionals who are competent in the field of educational psychology and can intervene in or research educational and professional guidance, and focus on diversity and guidance in teaching and learning processes as well as the difficulties they involve.
- To identify the educational needs which allow the educational and psychological process of students to be assessed so as to ensure their social inclusion.
- To propose significant adaptations in various formal and informal learning contexts.
- To provide educational strategies to help pupils with SEN (learning difficulties, general developmental disorders).
- To facilitate the creation of specific educational psychology intervention programmes (in the school, social and professional environments).
- To provide elements for the analysis and interpretation of policies, practices and educational psychology contexts in order to act in the best manner possible and be capable of improving the learning and teaching processes that develop.
- To facilitate the correct tools for strategies for work and action which improve the planning and management of educational psychology services: guidance, advice and assessment?
- To demonstrate how to act in an ethical and professional manner when faced with the theoretical and practical cases that arise during the course and also in your future career.
Course directors and Coordinator
- Dra. Carme Balaguer Fàbregas
- Dra. Maria Teresa Fuertes Camacho
- Dra. Mónica Fernández Morilla