Postgraduate Degree in Family Consulting
Family consulting, also known as family guidance, is an activity recommended by the Council of Europe and is recognised professionally in many European and American countries.
Through a non-therapeutic relationship based on trust and collaboration, family consulting assists individuals and families to assume control of the prevention and resolution of their difficulties.
The objective of the Postgraduate Degree Course in Family Consulting and Guidance is to offer training in specific attitudes and methodologies designed to activate, through non-directive intervention, the internal and external resources that govern the relational dynamics of individuals, couples and families.
- To train professionals specialised in family guidance so that, using specific methods, they can provide families with the tools to strengthen their internal and external resources to be able to deal with their own difficulties.
- To acquire the necessary skills and competences to overcome the difficulties and conflicts faced by families throughout their lifetimes.
- To provide tools to consolidate family strengths and to tackle any problems that might arise, whether educational, communicational or intergenerational, based always on establishing parental functions and strengthening family bonds.
Who it is aimed at. Prospective student profile.
This postgraduate degree is appropriate for people with a university degree, with or without work experience, interested in specialising in family consulting and guidance.
The most suitable backgrounds are from the worlds of:
- Social Work
Prerequisites & admissions
Students with an official university degree from within the European Union
- An attested original photocopy of their original degree certificate or of the homologation of the same, or an original attested photocopy of the receipt for payment of fees for issuing the degree certificate.
- An attested original photocopy of their academic transcript for the university studies they have completed.
Students with an official university degree from outside the European Union
- A legalised original photocopy of their original degree certificate.
- A legalised original photocopy of their academic transcript for the university studies they have completed.
- A certificate issued by the university of origin indicating that the degree allows the student to continue on to Postgraduate studies in the country in which the same was issued.
In all cases
- Some passport-sized photographs.
- A photocopy of your National Identity Card or Passport.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A letter of motivation.
- An attested original photocopy of other university qualifications, including postgraduate qualifications.
- If the original language of the documents is not Spanish, then please provide a sworn translation into Spanish of your degree certificate and also of your transcript.
Grants & financial aid
€2,970 (30 credits at €99 per credit)*
- Reservation of a place (included in the price): €600
Graduate Alumni of Marriage and Family Education interested in studying the Postgraduate in Family Consulting have validated the first 12 ECTS, so the total cost of the Postgraduate is € 1,882.
Special prices for members of the International Federation for Family Development (IFFD).
* Prices are subject to variations