Bachelor's Degree in Law + UCLA Postgraduate Certificate Programme
Advantages of the programme
- Prestige of the University of California. You will study at an internationally prestigious university.
- UCLA Extension Certificate Programs are equivalent to a Spanish postgraduate degree.
- Teaching methodology. You will take professionalising academic programmes that will complement your knowledge.
- In-company work placements. You will do curricular work placements during your studies in Los Angeles.
- International outlook. You will be able to work for a year anywhere in the United States thanks to your Optional Practical Training (OPT) Visa.
- Networking. You will make contacts among professionals in your field which will help you access the labour market in the United States.
UIC Barcelona and the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) are offering you the opportunity to complement your Law studies in the United States. Enjoy the American experience while gaining a qualification in Paralegal Studies. This is a specialisation programme equivalent to a Spanish postgraduate degree. That is increasingly popular in the Anglo-Saxon legal sector that will allow you to gain access to prestigious attorney’s offices in the United States.
You will have the option of taking the UCLA Extension Certificate Programme over either five months or a year, depending on whether you opt to undertake curricular work placements during your time as a student in the United States. You will also be able to choose one of the suggested pathways: the first one involves taking the specialisation programme once you are a Law graduate and the second option is to join the programme once you’ve obtained your Master’s Degree in the Legal Profession (MUA).
Prerequisites & admissions
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree in Law: Complete the four-year degree programme and take a fifth year at UCLA to join the Certificate Programme in Paralegal Studies.
- Holders of a Master’s Degree in the Legal Profession (MUA): After completing your Master’s Degree in the Legal Profession at UIC Barcelona and taking an exam to access the legal profession, you will be eligible for the UCLA Extension Certificate Programme in Paralegal Studies.
Application for admission
In order to start your studies at UCLA, you must inform the international programme coordinator in your faculty. Contact person:
A Bachelor's Degree in Law or a Master’s Degree in the Legal Profession from UIC Barcelona and the following UCLA requirements must also be met:
- Bachelor's Degree in Law from UIC Barcelona
- University Master's Degree in the Legal Profession from UIC Barcelona
- Further information about UCLA requirements
Grants & financial aid
In addition to our agreement with UCLA for a 15% discount on tuition fees for all our students, UIC Barcelona also grants three € 2,000 scholarships to go towards a postgraduate course at UCLA Extension.
- The current call for UIC Barcelona grants is closed. For information about future calls, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (for our Barcelona campus) or email@example.com (for our Sant Cugat campus).
- Find out about the financial aid and grants offered at UCLA