Cardiovascular disease is one of society’s biggest health problems. Most avoidable deaths are caused by heart disease and occur frequently in out-of-hospital settings. As a result, efforts are being made to train the population, not just people directly related to the health industry, so that they can play a vital role as first responders.
With this course, we have established a student/teacher ratio of 8:1 to ensure proper practice and adequate follow-up.
It will be taught by an instructor from the Catalan Resuscitation Council (CRR) and will include the content laid down for official BLS-AED courses.
Students who pass the course will receive an official BLS-AED training certificate issued by the Catalan Resuscitation Council (CRR).
By the end of the course, participants should know how to:
- Assess an unconscious victim.
- Perform chest compressions and artificial ventilation.
- Correctly use a semi-automated external defibrillator.
- Place unconscious but breathing victims in recovery position.
During the course, attendees will receive in-class and practical training in the following aspects:
- Chain of survival
- Algorithm for BLS
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Handling the defibrillator
- Airway obstruction
- Recovery position
- Legal framework for defibrillator use
All specific techniques will be demonstrated on adult victims and adapted for child victims.