University Master's Degree in Urgent and Emergency Care - Official
- To provide rigorous, innovative training to health professionals working in urgent and emergency care both in and outside hospital settings.
- To teach students the fundamentals of urgent and emergency care and introduce them to the operation, actions plans, resources and procedures of the main emergency medical services.
- To help students develop the competences necessary to provide assistance in mass casualty incidents, out of hospital births and situations that require paediatric and neonatal resuscitation.
- To enhance the health worker’s capacity to teach and perform research.
- To ensure that all master’s degree participants know how to perform advanced resuscitation on adult patients and care for multiple trauma victims.
Reasons to study this master's degree
- Official qualification recognised throughout the European Higher Education Area
- Participants will also earn other specific certificates: Certificate in Advanced Life Support and certificate in Advanced Trauma Life Support, issued by the Catalan Resuscitation Council and the European Resuscitation Council; certificate in Mass Casualty Incident Command, issued by TASSICA Emergency, Training & Research
- This programme will help holders of an undergraduate degree in medicine or nursing develop the competences necessary to work in urgent and emergency care both in and outside hospital settings.
- University Master’s Degree in Urgent and Emergency Care from UIC Barcelona.
Thanks to the new Master’s Degree in Urgent and Emergency Care at UIC Barcelona, you will have the opportunity to specialise in the care of patients who are admitted to hospital through the emergency services and enhance your knowledge of how to handle emergency situations both in and outside hospital settings.
This is an on-site course, with a teaching staff made up of expert professionals from the field of urgent and emergency care, which will be taught using up to date healthcare training methods grounded in hands-on experience. At the end of the course, the students will be required to provide evidence of their knowledge with a Final Master’s Degree Project.
In addition to enhancing and broadening the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to provide urgent care, with this master’s degree, the students will not only earn an official qualification valid throughout the European Higher Education Area, they will also earn other specific certificates. These include a certificate in Advanced Life Support and a certificate in Advanced Trauma Life Support, issued by the Catalan Resuscitation Council and the European Resuscitation Council; and a certificate in Mass Casualty Incident Command, issued by TASSICA Emergency, Training & Research
The University Master’s Degree in Urgent and Emergency Care is co-managed by TASSICA Emergency, Training & Research, one of the world’s top research and education centres, which specialises in the application of new technologies in both fields.
As a graduate in medicine or nursing, this master’s degree will help enhance your specific knowledge and prepare you for employment in:
- Pre-hospital emergency medical services
- Hospital emergency services
- Rescue and intervention services
- Primary care emergency services
- Civil protection services
Les Pràctiques Externes es desenvoluparan mitjançant rotació entre els serveis sanitaris tant extrahospitalaris com hospitalaris:
- Unitats mòbils i centre coordinador d’un Servei d’Emergències Mèdiques (SEM).
- Servei de Cardiologia
- Servei de Neurologia
- Servei de Pediatria
- Servei de Obstetrícia
- Servei de Traumatologia
- ALONSO FERNANDEZ, Gilberto
- ALONSO FERNÁNDEZ, Sergio
- ÁLVAREZ DÍAZ, Pedro
- BENLLOCH ORTÍZ, Maria Luisa
- BERENGUER ALMUDAINA, Marta
- BOSQUE CEBOLLA, María Dolores
- CANO PLANS, Sara
- CASTELLS VILELLA, Laura
- CASTELLVI OBIOLS, Pere
- CASTILLO GARCIA, Jordi
- CAYETANO PANIAGUA, Ladislao
- CLIMENT MORALES, Carmen María
- COCHO CALDERÓN, María Dolores
- CUERVO REQUENA, Guillermo Luis
- DE GIORGI, Antonio
- ESTELLER MORE, Eduard
- GARCIA ARTEAGA, Elisabet
- GIRVENT VILARMAU, Marta
- GONZÁLEZ DE MOLINA ORTIZ, Francisco Javier
- GORINA YSERN, Nuria
- GUARDIOLA TEY, José Mª
- GUERRERO TORRELLES, Maria
- GUINDO SOLDEVILA, Jose
- JACOB RODRÍGUEZ, Francisco Javier
- LLAURADO SERRA, Mireia
- LOMERO MARTINEZ, Maria del Mar
- MARTIN CURTO, Maria del Carmen
- MARTINEZ RUBIO, Antonio
- MARTÍN FERRERES, María Luisa
- MATIÑÓ SOLER, Eusebi
- MOTOS CABRERA, Jaime
- PEDRAGOSA VALL, Angels
- QUINTILLA MARTINEZ, Jose Maria
- RODRÍGUEZ HIGUERAS, Encarnación
- RODRÍGUEZ PRAT, Andrea Mercedes
- SANCHEZ SALADO, Jose Carlos
- SANZ OSORIO, Maria Teresa
- TAPIA MARTINEZ, Javier
- VALDES CASTIELLO, Andrea
- VIVES SANTACANA, Marc
- XIBERTA PONS, Joan Manel
- ZORRILLA RIVEIRO, José Gregorio
Prerequisites & admissions
- A degree in Medicine and/or Nursing.