Course of Educational Accompaniment in Diseases, Mourning and Death
The course on Academic Guidance for Illness, Grief and Death organised by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya aims to provide necessary knowledge of the Pain Clinic, treatments and indications for terminal illnesses and to prevent or detect a complicated grieving process, detect difficulties related to death and pain and ensure the emotional health of people in situations of loss.
- Knowledge of Anthropology and Thanatology and the relationship between the different ways of dying and grief processes.
- To support the emotional health of people in regular contact with situations of loss.
- To detect difficulties inherent to death and pain.
- To humanise the "caring" dimension and find meaning in the time of life.
- To learn how to provide creative guidance to grieving adults and children.
- To provide knowledge of the Pain Clinic, treatments and indications for terminal illnesses.
- To prevent or detect complicated grief processes.
This course is on-site. The content is participatory, reflective and creative.
Material and bibliographic resources will be provided for easy reference and to increase knowledge.
PowerPoint will be used to present the content.
Additional material: Films related to the content.
Healthcare professionals, teachers, pedagogues, psychologists and people in contact with extreme situations. People who due to personal or professional circumstances are sensitive to the issue.
Xusa Serra. Holder of a diploma in Nursing. Holder of an undergraduate degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology. Holder of a Master’s Degree in Thanatology from the UAB. Therapist in bereavement groups and the GestDol Association.
Leading figure in Community Education and member of the Creative Grief Support Unit at Quirónsalud. Holder of a University Master's Degree in Nursing and Health Research from UIC Barcelona.
Author of the book: I jo, també em moriré? Columna Edicions.
Lluís Lorente. Doctor anaesthesiologist in the Anaesthesia and Reanimation Service at Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya. Coordinator of the Pain Unit at Quirónsalud - Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya.
Ziorzia Landaluca. Doctor anaesthesiologist in the Anaesthesia and Reanimation Service and Pain Unit at Quirónsalud - Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya.
María José Garcia. Holder of a diploma in Nursing. Palliative care and pain clinic specialist at Quirónsalud - Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya.