Here you will find the tools you need to complete the basic formalities at UIC Barcelona. You will use them throughout your time at the University.
Your login details (username and password) will be sent to you by e-mail the moment you are formally enrolled*. Your username is automatic, and you will receive a password as soon as you register.It will be sent to the personal e-mail address that you originally gave to the University’s Department of Admissions.
If at any time your forget your login details, you can always restore them here.
If they fail to work or you have some other kind of issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify which e-mail address you provided. Students sometimes provide one of their parent’s e-mail addresses.
- Make sure you do not have any difficulties logging into the e-mail address you provided.
*You will be considered formally enrolled when you have submitted all required documents, regardless of whether or not you have paid tuition.
With your username and password, you will be able to log into the University Intranet.
To do so, click on the word Intranetat the top of the University’s homepage.
The Intranet gives you access to general notices, your UIC Barcelona e-mail address, institutional documents and, most importantly, your Moodle, where you will find information about the subjects in which you are enrolled.
Once you have a username and password, it is a good idea to login and get familiar with your personal portal.
- Change your username to one that is easy to remember.
- When you change your username, you will automatically change your UIC Barcelona e-mail address.
You will receive your UIC Barcelona e-mail address along with your login details once you are formally enrolled.
When you login for the first time, you will need to do so via your personal portal. There, on the left-hand side, you will find the list of applications, which includes your university e-mail address.
It is important that you regularly check your e-mail.
- The various services at the University, as well as your teachers and the Faculty secretaries, will use it to contact you.
- Each week, Student Services will send you the newsletter “Sabies què...”, which contains information about the activities taking place at the University, as well as news regarding changes in the library or service opening hours, grants and other relevant information
All enrolled students are given a student card that accredits them as members of the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
What does the student card do?
- It identifies you as a student of the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
- It is a wallet card and can be used to pay for university services such as the copy shop and printers.
- You can use it to take books out at the library.
- It provides access to certain facilities at the University: parking lots, classrooms, laboratories, etc.
- It can also have the financial benefits of a Banco Santander 4B Maestro card. For information about the current terms and conditions, please visit the bank’s website.
If you are interested in this service, please come to the bank’s university office in La Salle.
When and how can I get a student card?
Students enrolling for the first time during the 2019-2020 academic year can get a student card in person on the following days:
- Barcelona Campus: 10-13 September, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the entrance to the Beta Building in Passeig de la Fontana.
- Sant Cugat Campus: 16-19 September, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the campus’ main lobby.
If, after the on-site campaign, you still do not have a student card:
You may request one on the University Intranet. After logging into the portal, click on your full name in the top right corner. Choose the option Profile/Student Card/Request.
You may need to add a new photo. Remember to make sure the uploaded photo meets the requirements (white background, passport-sized, etc). If you lose or need to renew your card or it is stolen, faulty or you have some other problem with it, you may request a new card via your personal portal by clicking on UIC Services/Student Card/Request new card. You may need to add a new photo.
If you have any questions about how to get a student card or what it does, please contact Student Services email@example.com
All UIC Barcelona students are assigned a personal adviser. Log into your personal portal to see the name of your adviser.
Each Faculty has an Advising Coordinator, who will answer any questions you may have regarding this service. To find out who the Advising Coordinator is, please ask your Faculty.
Your adviser is the person assigned by UIC Barcelona to make the integration process as simple as possible. They will also help you in aspects related to time management, stress management and study methods. They can also help you create a plan for personal growth. This plan is always personal, voluntary and free.
Personal support is a process by which students receive assistance, in the form of information and training aimed at developing their competences, skills, attitudes and personal and social values on both an academic and personal level, during one-on-one meetings with their adviser carried out in a climate of freedom and mutual trust.
If you have trouble contacting your adviser, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each student has an academic tutor who will help you resolve issues concerning your subjects and work placements. Each subject also has a coordinating lecturer.
After completing your bachelor’s degree, you will receive support from a coach, who will help you successfully navigate the period between finishing your degree and starting your professional career. For more information, click aquí.