Line of communication research
Objectives (research sublines)
- New Forms and New Advertising Formats, with special emphasis placed on the media and formats that involve interacting with the audience (online marketing, viral marketing, interactive TV, TV on mobiles, etc.) and integration into media content (Brand placement, City placement, Branded content, Advergaming, etc).
- Innovation and digitalisation process and alignment with journalistic companies. Impact of digital mutation on journalistic quality, in the satisfaction of audiences, the reputation of companies and the value of the intangible (brands, etc).
- Transmediality, new narratives and literary adaptations to the screen. Storytelling and crossing the lines between information, advertising and entertainment. Integration of music and performance arts into Audiovisual Narrative.
- Communication in organisations, Communication Management and Corporate Social Responsibility. Special attention will be paid to Marketing and Communication in the environmental field.
Line of educational research
- To develop teaching methodologies to incorporate work on sustainability and social responsibility into the curriculum for Bachelor’s degree in Primary Education (GEP) and Pre-Primary Education (GEI) and the appropriate systems to assess them. To create interfaculty and interuniversity scenarios to work on responsible and sustainable consumption, moving towards a reduction in student’s personal ecological footprint.
- To be aware of the current limitations that exist in the classroom, through teachers who already work in primary and pre-primary education, for working on scientific, mathematics and language competences, - while also attending to diversity - and developing appropriate methodologies which increase the amount of initial training teachers receive.
- To boost digital competencies and digital competency in teaching among university lecturers and professors, as well as develop these same competences among future teachers (GAP; GEI). To create educational tools through gamification and the development of computational thinking in students.
- To develop and implement strategies to improve leadership competences and the entrepreneurial spirit of future teachers, as well as promote responsibility in terms of professional performance.
Line of humanities research
- To boost the analysis and comprehension of processes that generate culture and the anthropological structures they are based on. This type of research also involves the study of its various manifestations based on the most representative disciplines in humanities: history, philosophy, art and literature.
- To optimise the management of culture and the methodological development of tools that contribute towards boosting and disseminating cultural heritage, as well as the competences that allow cultural managers to gain more of a professional profile, as has been aimed for in the last few years in the University Master’s Degree in Cultural Management taught by the Faculty of Humanities at UIC Barcelona.
- To promote the cross-disciplinary nature of humanities, particularly in relation to the field of Education and Communication, without excluding other fields of interdisciplinary research that already exist in our university, such as Medical Humanities.
- These studies promote the cultivation and development of a reflective and critical spirit which, based on a profound knowledge of the humanist tradition offers greater comprehension of processes in the contemporary world. The programme also provides a creative response to the gaps and challenges in a globalised and technological society, which has become eminently visual.