The objective of this course is to provide cultural managers with the necessary knowledge for financially managing cultural projects and institutions. It focuses especially on the management of cultural companies as well as publishing companies, museums and archives. It is aimed at professionals from different cultural industries.
- To understand the different items of a profit and loss statement and a balance sheet.
- To know the meaning of different economic and financial ratios.
- To diagnose the economic and financial problems that a cultural institution may have.
- To know the characteristics of the main sources of financing the arts and culture, and their motivations for funding cultural projects.
- To set the funding needs of cultural projects and how they are related to the accomplishment of the organisational goals.
- To highlight the financial composition of the different cultural organizations according to their mission (public, not-for-profit or profit-oriented).
- To set the financing goals of the cultural organisations and projects.
- To know what strategies the organisations use to obtain funding for its projects.