Internationalisation and Integration
Over the course of the academic year, we at the Institute for Multilingualism invite you to take part in a series of cultural activities aimed at, on the one hand, promoting interaction between local and international students and, on the other, raising the profile of the linguistic and cultural aspects of multilingualism, in general, and Catalan language and culture, in particular. These activities include:
- September: European Day of Languages (26 September). To celebrate this occasion, we propose a series of recreational activities to see how multilingual you are.
- October: International Castanyada. An activity aimed at introducing international students to the traditional chestnut festival.
- December: International Christmas Party. A multilingual event in which we ask you to share your Christmas traditions with the university community.
- March: World Poetry Day (21 March). Come celebrate and help us disseminate poetry at the University.
- April: St George's Day (23 April). Come enjoy a literary aperitif and get involved in the activities organised to celebrate this festival of books and Catalan language and culture.
- Tandem-Café and conversation groups. Throughout the year we organise language exchange sessions that will help you improve your speaking skills.
To find out the exact dates of these activities, please check out the Institute's agenda.