- To contribute to social progress and development through family-oriented academic work.
- To spread knowledge and awareness about family-related issues.
- To provide rigorous and scientific knowledge on the modern state of the family and, in light of this knowledge, to propose possible actions to social agents.
- To create and develop an international network of family-oriented entities and experts from different fields and countries for the free exchange of knowledge and experience.
- To become a documental, statistical and bibliographic entity of reference in family policy throughout the Spanish-speaking and European world, using new technologies.
- To develop specific online training courses.
- To spread knowledge and publicise research findings through seminars and symposiums.
- To train experts in family policy.
- To provide university-level “vocational training” for parents.
- To achieve a dynamic presence among national and foreign family-oriented entities, and to actively participate in public debate.