Agreement signed with Berkeley Summer Sessions to benefit UIC Barcelona students
The University of California, Berkeley, is the top state university in the world, according to the most prestigious rankings. UIC Barcelona is the first Spanish partner of UC Berkeley Summer Sessions partner and is part of a network of seventy partners worldwide.
Through this programme, selected students from UIC Barcelona from all faculties will be able to take summer courses, with academic recognition awarded in most cases. Once the course is complete, the University of California, Berkeley, will provide an official transcript of records and these courses will be added to the UIC Barcelona students’ academic record.
Additionally, UIC Barcelona offers financial aid so that more students can benefit from this agreement.
What our students say about Berkeley?
Studying at Berkeley was a unique, enriching experience
Information about UC Berkeley
- Founded in 1868, it is the oldest campus out of the ten at the University of California.
- It is the top state university and one of the top five overall in the world, according to the rankings.
- The teaching body consists of 22 Nobel Prize winners, 140 members of the National Academy of Sciences, 77 professors with Fulbright scholarships and more than 200 fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- It is located in San Francisco Bay.
In San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Summer School is held from the beginning of June to the middle of August, with a duration of between three and ten weeks (depending on the chosen programme).
- The credits taken at Berkeley are awarded between 12 and 24 ECTS (depending on the number of weeks). The equivalent of 1 ECTS is 2 units/credits
- There are more than 600 courses offered in 80 different disciplines. Read about all the courses here.
- All the classes are taught in English, and topic-based English courses are also taught (Summer English Language Studies)
- UIC Barcelona students will join groups containing Berkeley students and students from around the world.
- This opportunity is also available for double degree students at UIC Barcelona, who tend to have less mobility options open to them.
Requirements for participation
- Only students in third year and above are eligible for participation.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record.
- A minimum of a B2 level of English (read about the language requirements here.
- Each faculty selects the students. Afterwards, each student will have to sign up directly on the Berkeley online platform (final acceptance will be subject to correct management of all the necessary paperwork).
- Students must enrol at Berkeley and pay 10% of the price of their credits (units) so they can be officially recognised on their UIC Barcelona record Find out here about the prices for all of the courses.
- Students have to bear in mind the fact that Visas, flights, accommodation etc., are costs that are additional to tuition fees.
- Accommodation is not included in the price of enrolment and is the responsibility of each student. UC Berkeley has various accommodation options that can be read about here.
- It is recommended that you reserve your accommodation at the same time as completing your enrolment because there is a lot of demand.
- International mobility information session in each faculty and a specific session on Berkeley Summer Sessions.
- The call for Berkeley grants and financial aid to enrol on the programme opens.
- Presentation of applications to the International Relations Service.
- Selection of students accepted by the respective faculties.
- Selection process for Berkeley grant candidates.
- Meeting between students and academic coordinators in each faculty to choose the courses they will take at Berkeley, with academic recognition provided by UIC Barcelona in the majority of cases.
- Preferential enrolment period for preselected students from partner universities at Berkeley Summer Sessions.
Between June and August
- Stay at the UC Berkeley Summer School, in San Francisco.
- There are five sessions available (A, B, C, D and E) with different start dates and durations. View the academiccalendar on the Berkeley Summer Sessions webpage
Business Administration and Management
School of Architecture
T. +34 930 541 831
Campus Sant Cugat / C/Terré building
Josep Trueta s/n.
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
T. +34 935 042 000