All students at our university are covered by both, civil liability insurance and scholars’ accident insurance, which covers any problem that may arise while on campus or participating in academic activities (classes, university events or trips, etc.)
You will, however, need to purchase your own health insurance for any problems that are not related to your studies or in the event of illness or accident.
What kind of insurance do I need to purchase?
- EU students should apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The European Health Insurance Card is a free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, or Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country. Cards are issued by your National Health Insurance provider. .
- Non-EU students should purchase private medical insurance from an authorised insurance company in Spain. It should cover your entire stay in Spain and must include, at least: medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or sudden illness. We recommend you purchase medical insurance before travelling to Barcelona.
If you need help with purchasing an insurance policy, contact us and we will refer you to a professional.
Public health system
CatsalutBarcelona has a wide range of health centres and hospitals that provide free access and ensure top quality.
- CAP - Centro de Atención Primaria (Primary Care Centre): Health and social care for non-urgent matters. To access their services for free, you must be a TSE cardholder. To find out which centre is closest to your place of residence, please visit the Council website.
- Public Hospitals: You should go to a hospital only in case of emergency. For all common health problems, first visit your local CAP. To access their services for free, you must also be an EHIC cardholder.
Our University’s Sant Cugat Campus is located inside Catalonia General Hospital in the city of Sant Cugat.
There are also many private hospitals and clinics in Barcelona. If you have private health insurance, look at the relevant documentation to find out which health centres or hospitals will provide you services.
- Teknon (with an appointment)
- Dexeus (for emergencies)
Click here for information on other private hospitals.
In the case of emergency, dial 112 or 061 if you need an ambulance.
Business Administration and Management
School of Architecture
T. +34 930 541 831
Campus Sant Cugat / C/Terré building
Josep Trueta s/n.
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
T. +34 935 042 000