Renewal of Foreigner Identity Card
When and how should I renew my TIE?
The Foreigner Identity Card for students (TIE) can be renewed 60 days before its expiration, and up to 90 days after it expires.
The renewal is subject to have approved half of the subjects of the previous course and and to have enrolled for the following academic year. Additionally, your studies need to be related to those of the previous year.
If you need help, we can get you in touch with legal professionals who can help you with this process.
What documentation should I submit?
- EX -00 application form
- Transcript or records, or similar certificate proving that you have passed at least half of the previous course credits.
- Proof of enrolment on the incoming course.
- Proof of economic means.
- Copy of previous TIE card and passport.
- Private health insurance, issued in Spain
- Receipt of fee payment (approx. € 18.78) from bank.
What should I do when I get a response from the Aliens Office?
Upon confirmation that your TIE renewal is granted, you must apply for a new TIE card within 30 days of your grant. You can follow the instructions on this link.
Recommended websites with related information:
Business Administration and Management
School of Architecture
T. +34 930 541 831
Campus Sant Cugat / C/Terré building
Josep Trueta s/n.
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
T. +34 935 042 000