The UIC’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is currently undergoing an accreditation process in accordance with the verification, monitoring, modification and accreditation (VSMA) framework established by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU Catalunya).
On Thursday, 12 February 2015, an external assessment committee appointed by AQU Catalunya will visit the UIC in order to conduct an on-site assessment of the development of the following academic programmes offered by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy and Scientific Evidence
- Master’s Degree in Legal, Forensic and Criminological Psychopathology
The accreditation visit will have the following specific aims:
- To ensure the quality of the academic programmes offered, in accordance with the stipulated levels of aptitude and the criteria outlined in the corresponding legislation.
- To guarantee the provision of valid, reliable information that is useful in the decision-making processes of the users of the university system.
- To facilitate the development of internal quality-improvement processes for the programmes and services provided by Catalan universities.
The range of planned sessions includes a public session that can be attended by anyone interested in expressing an opinion regarding the development of the programmes mentioned above.
This public session will take place on Thursday, 12 February 2015, at 6.15 p.m. in the Boardroom of the Faculty of Dentistry.