Who can apply?
This programme is intended for city practitioners and consultants with at least 2 years of work experience in fields related to sustainability and resilience, as well as university graduates from the following fields: Planning, Management, Urban Design, Engineering, Environmental and Social Sciences, Political Science, Geography and Architecture.
Required level of education: Graduate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
How to apply
- Register online
- E-mail the following documents to your designated programme advisor:
- Photocopy of your passport
- 1 passport-size photo
- Certiﬁed* copy of your diploma**
- Certiﬁed* copy of your academic transcript
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona general terms and conditions (attached to the conﬁrmation e-mail you will receive after registering online)
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona data protection form (attached to the confirmation e-mail you will receive after registering online)
- A filled in and signed copy of the grant survey referring to any external grants/financial aid for which you may have applied
- CV in English (maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter specifying what you expect from this programme and why you think you should be accepted (please include your Skype username in your signature)
* Document must have an oﬃcial stamp from your university
** If you are yet to receive your Diploma, please submit the proof of payment of the diploma issue fees or a document from your university certifying your expected date of graduation.
Application Process Deadlines for 2020-2021
First call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 13 December 2019
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 7 - 9 January 2020* (Only if required)
- Communication of results: 13 January 2020
- Deadline to reserve a place: 27 January 2020
*Due to the Christmas holidays, the period between the deadline for submitting documents and the interviews is longer than in the rest of application periods
Second call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 6 March 2020
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 9 - 11 March 2020 (Only if required)
- Communication of results: 16 March 2020
- Deadline to reserve a place: 30 March 2020
Third call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 8 May 2020
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 11 - 13 May 2020 (Only if required)
- Communication of results: 18 May 2020
- Deadline to reserve a place: 2 June 2020
Note: Skype interviews are made on a needs basis only. The purpose they serve is to clarify any questions regarding candidate's CV or cover letter, at the discretion of the Master's Team. Not all admitted students will be required to do an interview.
*Complete submission of documents will be accepted only until 18.00 h (GTM Spain) of each deadline date.
*Following each step, the applicants will be notiﬁed if they have been:
a) Accepted: You will receive your acceptance letter along with instructions on how to pay the deposit and reserve a place. Acceptance will only be conﬁrmed upon payment.
b) Placed on a waiting list: Your application will be reviewed again during the next call.
c) Not accepted
Documents submission must be complete in order to include the applicant in each admission call. If some documents are missing, your application will be kept until completed and reviewed during the next admission call.
- Reserve a place: Pay the deposit (20% of the total fee) via international transfer
- Enrollment fee: Pay the remaining amount (80% of the total fee) via international transfer
- Enrollment date: 10 July 2020
- Deadline to pay the enrollment fee: 24 July 2020
Accommodation and visas
Students are responsible for ﬁnding accommodation and acquiring visas.
National and international students (Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania).
Ruth Regalón: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barcelona. Phone number. +34 932 541 800
For more information for international students (North America and Latin America):
Susana Expósito: email@example.com
Phone number. +506 8627 5629 / Whatsapp. +34 659 316 698