The teaching activity of the clinical residence will be distributed as follows:
- Theoretical-practical seminars given by the students and professors of the Department of Prosthetics.
- Clinical sessions at the Department of Prosthetics.
- Literature reviews by topic.
- Practice at the Odontology Clinic.
- Reading and discussion of selected books or chapters (Magne, Fradeani, Alonso
- Reading and discussion of articles about:
- Digital Dentistry
- Cement / Screw in implant-supported restorations
- Dentinal Sealing
- Adhesive rehabilitation
- Use of artificial gingiva in oral prosthesis
- Discussion of theoretical concepts applied to clinical cases
- Clinical practice on patients
- First visit: study models, RX, planning, assembly in semi-adjustable articulator ...
- Removable prosthesis: partial and total; mucosoportada, dentosoportada, implantoretenida or implantosoportada.
- Fixed prosthesis: unitary and partial; tooth-supported or implant-supported.
- Adhesive restorations: Veneers or incrustations.
- Discharge splints.
- Case study and planning for referral to other departments: implantology, endodontics, periodontics.
Study and planning of cases to refer to other areas: implantology, endodontics, periodontics.
Lecturers and professors
- Dr Susana Barrocal
- Dr Arnau Brufau
- Dr Cristina Fenés
- Dr Sandra Fernández
- Dr Óscar Figueras
- Dr Carolina Giordano
- Dr Francisco Real
- Dr Elisabeth Romano
- Dr Romina Scalcione
- Students will be continuously assessed by professors in terms of their theoretical knowledge and clinical practical sessions in the Dental Clinic.
- Assessing students’ knowledge of the articles in the literature reviews.
- Evaluating the clinical cases carried out by the student, as well as the prior presentation and completion of the clinical case.
- Final assessment of the presentation and defence of two finished clinical cases out of the five completed during clinical practice at the Dental Clinic.
- Presentation of papers and participation at scientific events (to be confirmed).
- Attendance and punctuality.