In the first week you will attend one-hour lectures (8 a.m. to 9 a.m.), followed by practical sessions in the lab (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
You will carry out your clinical practice over the following four weeks, running from Monday to Friday. This section will start with an hour-long clinical session followed by clinical practice on patients in the University Dental Clinic.
All sessions will be conducted in the University Dental Clinic at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
You may carry out the following treatments, depending on the patients’ needs and the students’ training.
- Complete prosthesis
- Removable partial prosthesis
- Crowns and bridges between natural teeth
- Partial prosthesis over implants
- Root canal treatment in single roots and multiple roots
- Class I, II, II, IV,V fillings
- Reconstructing a tooth after root canal treatment
- Aesthetic reconstruction
- Tooth extractions
- Periodontal treatments
- Dr Joan Basilio
- Dr Manuel Betancourt
- Dr Mitchel Chávez
- Drill, adapter, micromotor unit, contra-angle and hand piece
- Goggles or face protection screen.
Provided by the University:
- Perforated instrument tray prepared for sterilisation containing the required instruments depending on the protocol of the undergraduate area.
- 4 intraoral phosphor X-ray plates.
The material described above can either be borrowed from the University Dental Clinic by paying a deposit or the student should bring their own material along. If necessary, a list of all of the material required will be provided to any student requesting this information.