Dentistry professionals must have a certain level of knowledge of the field of paediatric dentistry as the preservation and good health primary teeth is essential in order to favour the physiological change to a complete set of permanent teeth without complications or diseases. Primary teeth should be given the importance they deserve as they are necessary for children to be able to chew and to present a good appearance; they must maintain space for permanent teeth to come through and assist in jaw development and vocalisation.
- That students should acquire the requisite knowledge to care for children at both a preventative and treatment level.
- The students make an in-depth theoretical and practical study of the essential subject of behaviour management when dealing with child patients in the dentist’s chair.
An optional practical week is also included in which practical work is undertaken in the laboratory and with patients of the University Dental Hospital (CUO).
Competences the student will acquire
- The Online Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry provides an update of the knowledge, techniques and action protocols according to the latest trends in this speciality.
- Students will obtain up-to-date evidence-based knowledge on how to treat child patients in the dental chair.
- Students will be able to draw up a proper preventative and treatment plan for a child patient.
- Students will acquire the necessary knowledge to control the behaviour of both compliant and non-compliant children.
Prospective student profile
The Online Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry is aimed at those professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to enter the field or update their knowledge of paediatric dentistry and who do not have the time and/or means to participate in an on-site course.