In recent years, the field of Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry has undergone significant developments. As a result, keeping knowledge of this field up-to-date is essential for anyone wanting to provide high-quality dentistry.
This programme is designed for both general and specialised practitioners interested in gaining an introduction to or expanding their knowledge of Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry. The curriculum combines theory sessions covering the field’s most innovative, cutting-edge and advanced aspects with practical sessions with the latest materials and techniques.
During these practical sessions, students will have the opportunity to perform all of the procedures under different magnifying powers (magnifying glasses and microscopes). The teaching staff will supervise the students during the practical modules. The course will include case-control sessions.
The programme provides a broad overview of current Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry and explores both basic and advanced concepts. The aim of the course is to help students increase the quality of their restorative treatments and enable them to perform more complex treatments (tooth restoration and implants) with a higher degree of confidence.
- Provide up-to-date training in advanced restoration
- Provide training in operative dentistry
- Learn advanced techniques for complex cases
- Learn how to manage simple and complex cases
- Give dental photography training
- Learn about restorative treatment planning
- Learn how to use new technologies
- Learn how to assess the difficulty of a clinical case and plan accordingly
Competences to be acquired by students
- The Diploma in Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry helps bring the students’ knowledge, techniques and action protocols up-to-date with the speciality’s current trends.
- The students will make progress and improve the quality of their restorative treatments. The eminently practical nature of the course gives students the chance to handle a large number of materials under the constant supervision of the course instructor. This allows students to compare and see which materials work best in more complex cases.
- By the end of the course, the students will be able to carry out most complex treatments skilfully.
The course Diploma in Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry is intended for practitioners (stomatologists and dentists) who wish to refresh and further their knowledge of oral restoration.