The course will predominantly be practical. Each practical session will be preceded by a theoretical session, based on the literature, which will provide a description the forthcoming practical session.
- Design and cut of inlays
- Explanation of the different types of inlays, their design and indications.
- Cutting out inlays, onlays and overlays from large plaster models, in order to learn how to design them correctly.
- Undertaking diagnosis of the type of inlay necessary for different lesions, using a typodont.
- Undertaking correct isolation and explanation of the concept: “immediate dentine sealing”.
- Creating a build-up, or resetting the edges and cutting the inlays of the different teeth to be treated.
- Explanation of the different types of material that can be used to create an inlay and discussion of the material required for each treatment.
- Provisionalisation and cementation of inlays
- Different types of impression-making
- Provisionalisation of indirect restorations.
- Techniques for undertaking indirect restorations.
- Cementation of the inlays with dual cementation.
- Cementation of the inlays with photopolymerised cementation and ultrasounds.
- Adhesive systems: Adhesion and cementation in indirect restorations.