Competences: Course objective
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to deal with highly complicated cases both in terms of surgery and implantology. With this objective in mind, students will receive a high-quality education both at a theoretical and practical level, as well as in the area of research. In the field of implantology, not only will the students look at surgery, they will also receive training in the areas of case planning, guided prosthodontic surgery and rehabilitation.
- Surgical techniques for teeth extractions: roots, wisdom teeth, unerupted teeth.
- Diagnosis, planning and treatment of edentulism with dental implants.
- To become familiar with oral rehabilitation treatments with dental implants. To know how to diagnose and plan clinical cases from surgery to prosthetics.
- Preprothesic and advanced periodontal surgery techniques.
- To know how to perform a differential diagnosis on intraoral lesions.
- To know how to do biopsies in intraoral lesions.
- To learn how to do a differential diagnoses using X-ray images in conventional radiology, CT scans and cone beam CT scans.
- Treatment of mandibular cyst pathologies.
- Surgical treatment of periapical lesions.
- Frenulum surgical treatment (labial and lingual).
- Salivar litiasis treatment in the Wharton conduct.
- Treatment and diagnosis of dentoalveolar fractures.
- To learn how to present and discuss clinical cases.
- To improve their public presentation skills.
- To understand the steps required to correctly present a doctoral thesis.
- To present a Final Master’s Degree Project (TFM).