Peri-implant diseases are becoming ever more prevalent, given that the evidence regarding their treatment is still flimsy and that new research studies into the topic are constantly emerging. We feel it is important to undertake an update with clear concepts aimed at all dentists who have to deal with this condition on a daily basis.
The objective of the course is to provide the tools to diagnose and correctly identify peri-implant diseases, both mucositis as well as peri-implantitis, to learn key aspects about how to prevent them and also to make an in-depth study of surgical and non-surgical treatments, clinical protocols and the instruments used.
Competences students will acquire
- Know the aetiology and risk factors involved in the development of peri-implant diseases, and thus be able prevent them appearing.
- Diagnose and differentiate between mucositis and peri-implantitis
- Develop preventative strategies from the same moment as planning the case.
- Learn the different options for managing the aforementioned conditions and be able to make a correct decision on the treatment plan for each case.
- Learn the different surgical techniques used to control the disease.
- Know about the various new materials that are being used in the treatment of peri-implantitis.