The program aims to train professionals to master clinical and surgical endodontics, allowing for diagnosis and treatment of cases at any degree of difficulty. For this to happen, the following specific objectives shall be achieved:
- To know the anatomical and physiological bases of the dental pulp, and its relationship with other structures of the dental organ.
- To describe and differentiate the different pulpo-periapical pathological processes.
- To understand and take advantage of diagnostic tools useful to the pulpo-periapical pathology.
- To plan the treatment of cases with pulpo-periapical pathology.
- To establish the degree of difficulty of the pulpo-periapical treatments.
- To know the endodontic instruments and materials.
- To know the clinical and surgical techniques in endodontics.
- To select the proper technique for each case.
- To apply the clinical and surgical techniques in endodontics.
- To relate endodontics with other areas of dentistry and medicine, for an integrated treatment.
- To manage information and training systems in endodontics.
- To design and develop a research project in endodontics.