The aim of the online refresher course for oral pathology is to enable the participants to identify, diagnose and manage the most frequent disorders that may appear in the oral cavity.
The aim of the course is to provide students with the learning tools needed to diagnose and treat both lesions to the oral mucosa as well as bone and glandular damage; and also to acquire skills in taking biopsies of potentially malignant disorders of the oral mucosa from the general public and to familiarise themselves with the methods of diagnostic imaging and their interpretation.
Competences the student will acquire
- To differentiate between what is normal and pathological.
- To detect the existence of disease.
- To differentiate banal processes from those that are not.
- To position the disease observed within a clinical framework.
- To be able to perform simple biopsies in the oral cavity.
- To interpret the results of analyses obtained through diagnostic imaging.
- To treat susceptible patients and correctly assess the ones that need to be referred.
- To have an action protocol for patients with oral pathology.