The Biologically Oriented Preparation Technique (BOPT) is a technique that has proven to achieve greater stability for the tissues around dental restorations over the long-term in comparison to the use of other conventional techniques. This type of preparation allows for better integration of the dental restoration while also producing a change in the shape and thickness of the soft tissue.
- To find out more about the BOPT technique and its clinical applications.
- The conceptual foundations of the BOPT technique: reduction of the tooth, gingival abrasion, temporary dental restoration and determining the final crown shape.
- Correct diagnosis and treatment planning to carry out the BOPT technique
- A clear understanding of tissue provisionalisation and maturation times.
Competences to be acquired by students
- BOPT technique indications
- Step-by-step tooth preparation.
- Step-by-step temporary crown.
- Putting the information into practice on the permanent crown.
The course is aimed at Graduates / Graduates in Dentistry or Stomatologists.
Specialists in dental aesthetics or prosthetics