UIC Barcelona offers you the opportunity to take our Double Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education and Humanities and Cultural Studies and take advantage of the plan to validate subjects common to both degree courses.
You will also be eligible for a special 50% discount off the cost of enrolment, thanks to our sponsorship of this degree course.
It is a unique opportunity to expand your job prospects, especially with regards to your specialisation as a teacher. With this double degree course you will be able to teach:
- In primary and secondary schools
- Social science and humanities subjects in upper secondary education
- Subjects taught in all types of baccalaureate/upper secondary education courses (Philosophy and Citizenship, Catalan Language and Literature, Spanish Language and Literature).
Further your education with a view to pursuing a career in the teaching world or in diverse sectors such as culture (museums, art galleries, publishing, heritage and cultural tourism, community centres, cultural centres, town governments, foundations), organisations (NGOs, development projects, integration and mediation, international cooperation), communication and business and research, among others.
We teach you based on objectives. The Bachelor's Degree will provide:
- A sound command of all applicable course content. Always from a global perspective.
- Techniques to ensure peaceful co-existence in the classroom through emotional education and autonomy. Promotion of effort, constancy and discipline.
- Knowledge of how language develops in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Out-of-classroom skills relating to school organisation, tutoring sessions for parents or your relationship with other education agents. Preparation for the demands of today's society.
- Sensitivity to diversity and gender equality. Respect for human rights and civic values.
- The ability to introduce students to the digital world and add cultural richness through new pedagogical possibilities.
- Valuing cooperative work, a critical spirit and responsibility in relation to a sustainable future.
Competences of graduates
Your competences are what set you apart as a teacher who is useful to society.
Mastery of information technology and communication, languages (Catalan, Spanish, English), developed critical thinking and reflective analysis, the ability to be creative.
Expertise in the subjects you teach and the teaching methods you employ, ability to work with colleagues and other staff members, professional development.
Competences you will develop through a number of diverse methods such as lectures, case studies, problem solving and problem-based, project-oriented, cooperative and independent learning.
At UIC Barcelona we will assess your competences through: objective exams, assignments and projects, portfolios, reports, self-evaluation, interviews, etc.
Double Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education, Humanities and Cultural Studies.