Through this course you will learn how an academic debate works and the different formats they can involve, such as the case of the British parliament. In practice you will work on elements of a debate: contextualisation, introduction and the creation of solid arguments. Some of the mistakes that have to be avoided as well as misinformation and the manipulation of data will also be tackled.
- You will learn how to hold a debate using formal reasoning.
- You will learn about the format for competitive debating.
- You will learn to use evidence to reinforce argumentation.
- You will identify formal misinformation and statistical errors.
- You will learn how to provide solid arguments.
- You will learn to filter arguments.
Teachers from 3rd and 4th year of Spanish Compulsory Education (ESO) from schools participating in the Public Speaking Project.