Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with three ingredients: scientific rigour, guidance for professional practice and comprehensive education for students
In a social environment in which psychological help is increasingly required, the Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from UIC Barcelona will help professionals acquire the scientific knowledge that is necessary to analyse, understand, interpret and explain human behaviour.
This degree also allows students to learn basic skills and abilities in the university’s own Psychology Clinic where they will evaluate and intervene at an individual and social level throughout the life cycle. The purpose of this is to promote and improve people’s health and quality of life and prevent physical and mental illnesses through specific interventions. There are four specialisations to choose from: General, Health Psychology, Educational Psychology and Business and Organisations Psychology.
Reasons to take this Bachelor’s Degree at UIC Barcelona. Observation of real cases from the first year in our own clinic
UIC Barcelona has its own Psychology and Psychiatry clinic (SUPPORT), for our Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
The curricular design ensures that subjects which are closely related to each other are linked through shared practical cases and a high number of workshops in small groups.
Higher education guidance
Preparation for the official PIR exam from first year onwards and access to master’s degrees in the various specialisations.
Campuses and multidisciplinary team
You will study on our Healthcare Campus, in a hospital and multidisciplinary university environment.You will also receive an interdisciplinary qualification, learning alongside teams of doctors, nurses, dentists, and physiotherapists.
Anyone who fulfils the admission requirements and general prerequisites for access to the degree programme may apply.. On the other hand, the following skills should also be underlined:
- An interest in helping people and the community
- Emotional balance and empathy
- The ability to self-reflect and be self-critical
- The ability to observe, analyse and synthesise
- Responsibility and a strong work ethic
- The ability to organise and plan
- An interest in research
- The ability to work in a team and cooperate with other professionals
Objectives and competences achieved by outgoing students
- You will acquire the knowledge that defines and organises psychology into a scientific discipline, including its theories, methods and areas of application. Additionally, you will learn how to apply it in order to identify and resolve problems in the field of psychology.
- You will be able to work in a general professional context and join Master’s degree programmes that will provide you with a more advanced education aimed at academic, professional or research specialisation in the area of psychology.
- You will gather and interpret significant data on human, individual and social behaviour within the context it is produced in, in order to issue judgements about problems that are psychological in nature.
- You will obtain psychology-specific competences that promote the mental health of individuals and social groups, and address physical and mental illness through specific interventions.
- You will be capable of transmitting ideas and solutions on issues related to human behaviour, for both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- You will learn how to tackle educational and professional activities based on respect for the profession’s ethical code, which, among other more specific items, includes the principal of respecting and promoting people’s fundamental human rights, equality, the principle of universal access for all people and the democratic values of a culture of peace.
- You will acquire an anthropological grounding that will allow you to always interact in an ethical way with people, families and other professionals while taking human dignity into account in all situations.
All of these objectives will be achieved through the deployment of the basic, general, cross-disciplinary and specific competences acquired through the Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. The Bachelor’s degree allows you to take general psychology classes or specialise in one of the following three areas: Health Psychology, Educational Psychology or Business and Organisational Psychology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology