- Course presentation and receipt of materials
- Critical patients: Concept and comorbidities
- Care requirements for Critical Care Units
- Concept of sedation and indications
- Care requirements for sedated patients
- Physiopathology and treatment of complications associated with sedation (I, II, III)
- Monitoring pain, agitation/sedation, delirium and myopathy in critical patients:
- Clinical Cases (I)
o Resolution of 3 clinical cases in order to assess theoretical knowledge, practical skills and teamwork in the approach to analgesia-based sedation and delirium.
- Clinical Cases (II)
o Early mobilisation workshop
- Support equipment and devices for the secure mobilisation and transfer of patients.
- Practice with common manoeuvres:
- Repositioning patients in bed
- Use of major technical aids: lift, standing aids, mobile elevating electric lift...
- Use of minor aids: slide sheets...