The course on Academic Guidance for Illness, Grief and Death organised by the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya aims to provide necessary knowledge of the Pain Clinic, treatments and indications for terminal illnesses and to prevent or detect a complicated grieving process, detect difficulties related to death and pain and ensure the emotional health of people in situations of loss.
- Knowledge of Anthropology and Thanatology and the relationship between the different ways of dying and grief processes.
- To support the emotional health of people in regular contact with situations of loss.
- To detect difficulties inherent to death and pain.
- To humanise the "caring" dimension and find meaning in the time of life.
- To learn how to provide creative guidance to grieving adults and children.
- To provide knowledge of the Pain Clinic, treatments and indications for terminal illnesses.
- To prevent or detect complicated grief processes.