Academic year 2020-2021: 11th edition
The University Master’s Degree in Cultural Management at UIC Barcelona is the only official Cultural Management programme in Spain taught entirely in English. Its eminently hands-on, international approach provides participants the tools necessary for working in the cultural sector.
This programme has welcomed students from six continents. The course content explores the processes required to offer cultural services and products from the perspective of entrepreneurship and leadership.
You will be taught by professionals from prominent national and international companies and projects. This will help make you a versatile, multidisciplinary professional capable of working in the realm of cultural policy, institutions and projects.
In addition to classes, the programme also includes visits to cultural facilities and institutions, as well as lectures and workshops led by national and international experts.
The UIC Barcelona gives you the tools you need to become a cultural manager.
The objectives of the master's degree programme include:
- To offer a reflection on the theory of culture in the 21st century and its social effects.
- To provide instruction about the characteristic features of local, national and international cultural policies.
- To teach students how to analyse a society's cultural fabric and prepare a diagnosis of needs and opportunities.
- To ensure students can apply management tools to the subjects of financing, financial management, human resources, marketing, communication, scheduling and production in relation to cultural events.
- To encourage the acquisition of personal entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide instruction about the specific management requirements of each cultural area.
- To teach students how to evaluate cultural projects and programmes.
- To introduce students to professional practice.
- To encourage a sense of social responsibility and ethical commitment.
Who It Is Aimed At. Incoming Student Profile
This master's programme is for you if you have a university degree (with or without job experience) and are interested in analysing the problems raised by cultural management.
It is designed particularly for:
- Recent young university graduates who want to receive training as cultural managers.
- Active professionals with several years of experience who want to improve their training in management and management processes and methods.
Competencies. Outgoing Profile
The programme is designed to gradually equip students to handle the specific skills and competencies required in cultural management, including:
- Analysing a society's cultural fabric and preparing a diagnosis of needs and opportunities.
- Designing, scheduling, managing and assessing cultural projects.
- Creating, managing and leading interdisciplinary human teams.
- Attracting and managing economic resources in relation to cultural projects, companies and institutions.
- Designing marketing and communication strategies in the area of culture.
- Being familiar with and applying new technologies in the process of cultural management, production and dissemination.
- Encouraging a sense of social responsibility and ethical commitment.
UIC Barcelona Master’s Degree in Arts and Cultural Management