Other languages of instruction: Catalan
Professors will attend the students provided they need it, which will be essential to make a previous appointment via e-mail (email@example.com).
This subject concludes the basic training of students in civil proceedings. Three thematic groups whose knowledge by the student is compulsory. We refer to system of how to challenge judicial decisions, the execution proceedings and the special judicial proceedings.
They are not required ad hoc previous requirements, although it is strongly recommended that students have very present the contents of civil procedural law that formed part of the subject of Civil and Procedural Law I. To issue shortcomings in this regard can have negative consequences for the appropriate use and profit of the subject.
It should be noted that they are ambitious. With a studied purpose of giving the student a stronger civil procedural training, they are proposed as targets of the subject itself as follows:
(1) Domain of procedural institutions that make up the temary. The student is expected to be handled with great ease with the various institutions to be explained.
(2) Deep and detailed knowledge especially legal texts, the Civil Procedure Law. The rules are the working tools of the lawyer. Is unforgivable disregard the legal texts. What is more, this knowledge provides students an added value which in the professional world is recognized.
(3) High capacity to implement what has been achieved in the previous paragraphs to the resolution of cases. The student must be able to face and solve any practical case with ease and good legal technique, attaching solid arguments and better writing.
- 03 - To be able to express one's ideas and arguments in an orderly and coherent way both in oral and written form (written and oral techniques)
- 04 - To turn in documents that have been formally and thoroughly prepared to high standards
- 06 - To acquire the ability to make decisions
- 11 - To acquire skills for autonomous learning
- 17 - To understand and have knowledge of public and private institutional principles in their origin and as a whole
- 19 - To develop the ability to write legal texts
- 20 - To have knowledge of the basic aspects of legal argumentation
- 22 - To be able to identify and interpret documentation normally used in legal and negotiating settings
- 23 - To identify the state, doctrinal and legal framework of a complex legal issue
- 24 - To acquire the skills to resolve problems and make decisions using relevant information and by applying correct methods while placing the issue within a legal system context
- 25 - To acquire the skills for legal paperwork processing: composing texts, clarifying a position on a matter, use of forms, etc.
- 26 - To master the techniques and other evidence taking stategies
Teaching and learning activities
|Presenting concepts and their practical application in the classroom||17|
|Classroom activities in order to follow up on students (both individual and in a group)||03 06 19 20 22 23 24 25 26|
|Student independent study||11 17 20 24|
|Individual and group projects||04 19 22 23 24|
Evaluation systems and criteria
Bibliography and resources
- Book of the subject: Teresa Armenta, Lecciones de Derecho procesal civil. Proceso de declaración, proceso de ejecución y procesos especiales. Procedimiento concursal, arbitraje y mediación. Marcial Pons, 2019 (12ª ED).
- Other book of the subject: Montero Aroca, J., Derecho Jurisdiccional II, Proceso Civil, 27ª Edición, Tirant lo Blanch, Valencia, 2019; Gimeno Sendra, Vicente, Derecho Procesal Civil. Los procesos especiales, Ediciones Jurídicas Castillo de Luna, 2016.
- Civil Proceedings Law (with updated content).