Other languages of instruction: Spanish,
Professor: Ismael Franco
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject aims to contribute to teacher training, by knowledge of a series of proposals of reflection and guidelines to the enhancement of education of pupils with SEN and to the enhancement of education of every pupil, two aspects that cannot be understood one without the other.
- To understand the educational and learning processes of children in their family, social and school contexts.
- To know the developments in the evolutionary psychology of childhood.
- To be familiar with the basics of early care.
- To know the vocabulary of Special Education. Basic concepts.
- To analyse the legal frame of educational politics for people with disabilities in Catalonia.
- To identify the historic evolution of special education, doing a comparative based in the authors that studied it.
- To discover different models of educational response to diversity in the class-room.
- To be able to design class-room organizational proposals, employing different strategies to offer an adjusted educational response to the class’ needs and each pupil’s needs (class management, resources...).
- CET-1 - Interpersonal responsibility: to be aware of professional performance and influence on students. To have the skills and knowledge to manage group processes and communication for good collaboration with and between students.
- CET-2 - Pedagogical responsibility: to have the knowledge and teaching skills required to create a safe learning environment for both classes and groups, but also for individual students, in order that children can become responsible, independent adults.
- CET-4 - Expertise in the subject taught and teaching methodologies: to have the required knowledge in the subject taught and to know which teaching methods should be applied to create a good learning environment where students can acquire the cultural baggage they need to live in society. and to do so in an up-to-date, professional and systematic manner.
- CET-5 - Collaboration with colleagues in the profession: to have the knowledge and skills required to make a professional contribution to the teaching environment in the school, in professional relationships, and to achieve a good school organization.
- CET-6 - Collaboration with the professional environment at the school: to have the knowledge and skills required to establish good relations with the people and institutions dedicated to child welfare or belonging to the school's professional environment.
- CG-01 - To integrate information and communication technologies in teaching and learning activities, teaching management and professional development.
- CG-02 - To communicate clearly and correctly in the language of instruction (Catalan and Spanish), orally and in writing, in accordance with level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
- CG-04 - To promote and facilitate attention to the unique educational needs of students, gender equality, fairness and respect for human rights, in the contexts of learning and social harmony, both in the school and in relation to the surroundings.
- CG-05 - To be familiar with the elements that make up analytical thinking, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-06 - To be familiar with the elements that make up systemic thinking, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-07 - To be familiar with the elements that make up critical thinking, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-08 - To be familiar with the elements that make up reflective thinking, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-09 - To be familiar with the elements that make up creativity, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-10 - To be familiar with the elements that make up entrepreneurial spirit, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-11 - To be familiar with the elements that make up the quality-based approach, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- Knows the vocabulary of Special Education. Basic concepts.
- Analyses the evolution of special education from an historical point of view.
- Identifyes the historic evolution of special education, doing a comparative based in the authors that studied it.
- Knows different educational responses to diversity in the class-room.
- Is able to design class-room organization proposals, employing different strategies to offer an adjusted educational response to the class’ needs and each pupil’s needs (class management, resources...).
PART 1 Psychopedagogical bases of special education: Historical perspective. Legal and conceptual frame of Special Education.
Subject 1.- Historical evolution of special education
From segregation to mainstream education
Subject 2.- Conceptualization and current educational trends
SEN concept. Warnock Inform, LEC and LOE (LOMCE)
PART 2 Current school reality: Educational models
Subject 1.- Educational models or current lines in special education
Three educational models: Special education, mainstream and inclusion
Beyond mainstream: Concept and levels. Attention to diversity.
Subject 2.- Organizational and didactic aspects
Curricular dessign and planning
Curricular measures: Units, support, Multilevel teaching and Universal Design for learning
Active methodologies: Strategies to work toghether different pupils
Teaching and learning activities
The organizational approach of the subject seeks to foster complementarity from classroom lectures led by teachers with classroom work sessions, promoting the use of different active methodologies, spaces for reflection and participation in the classroom.
For this reason, there are proposals aimed to encourage the study and individual work of the student, taking into account the development of the general competences of critical and reflective thinking, creativity and the orientation to quality. Based on this premise, we try to encourage self-regulation of students in relation to their own learning process, transferring the responsibility to the student of his formative process.
And, on the other hand, group work is also promoted as a source of personal and professional enrichment, relating it to the specific competences of the teacher in relation to interpersonal, organizational and collaborative responsibility with the professional environment.
ETG (group work)
Case study > An investigation about the evolution of educational models between generations.
1. Reflection on the evolution of the educational model (Special (segregated), integrating or inclusive) in the last years between generations, from in-depth interviews (semi-open).
2. Analyze, from interviews with 4 people from different generations, the following areas in relation to schooling: Resources and spaces, teachers, colleagues, family-school relation, ...
• 4-member working groups
• Delivery of work in paper format on: date will be informed
• Presentation: Classroom oral presentation: dates will be informed
• The teacher will have work tracking tutorials for groups that consider it appropriate.
|CEM-09 CEM-13 CEM-14 CEM-17 CEM-22 CEM-31 CET-1 CET-2 CET-4 CET-5 CET-6 CG-01 CG-02 CG-03 CG-04 CG-05 CG-06 CG-07 CG-08 CG-09 CG-10 CG-11||Cooperative learning|
Presenting method / lecture
Problem and exercise solving
Individual / independent study and work
Group study and work
Evaluation systems and criteria
There will be no objective test in this subject. The evaluation will be based on the elaboration of practical proposals based on the theory worked on.
It will be taken into account:
- Active participation in the sessions.
- The involvement and use of group work time.
- The realization of the punctual dynamics that propose in the sessions.
- The ability to express oneself in writing and orally in one’s own ideas and group proposal.
Deliverables Phase 1 (30%)
Student profile (5%)
Deliverables Phase 2 (30%)
Teaching unit + Organization
Oral defense of work (20%)
Design of an activity within the group UD (15%)
Skills / Competences, objectives, contents, evaluation criteria, evaluation tool, attention to diversity + Explanation.
Active participation in the sessions (5%)
In order to access the evaluation system, all the obligatory activities must be submitted and the established delivery dates must be met.
Both ETG and ETI must be submitted in order to access the assessment.
Both parties must be approved to pass the subject.