Other languages of instruction: Spanish,
The department of work placement in companies is formed by:
Prof Beatriz Lucaya. Director. Correu electrònic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof Cristina Prats. E Mail: email@example.com
Prof Cristina Tresserres. E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretària administrativa: Lorena Villarreal. Correu electrònic: email@example.com
The education programs of the University have a strong professional orientation, which makes internships very important . Work placements are a student training environment in terms of knowledge and skills are performed under an agreement with the company and under the supervision and monitoring of the University and a representative of the company.
Work placement in companies focus as a tool for student training and start to reflect on where the student wants to professionally develop. Monitoring is carried out through the university tutor and company tutor. This monitoring is done continuously and is formalized through various reports and meetings with the tutor university, where job tracking is performed with each of the students.
The objectives of these internships are the inclusion of the student in the workplace, allowing the integration and application of theoretical knowledge in different professional contexts, as well as enhancement of the development of different skills, competencies, attitudes and skills.
- 48 - To be able to identify the information needs in order to manage the main departments within organisations.
- 50 - To acquire the ability to relate concepts, analyse and synthesise.
- 52 - To develop interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- 53 - To acquire the skills necessary to learn autonomously.
- 54 - To be able to express one’s ideas and formulate arguments in a logical and coherent way, both verbally and in writing.
- 55 - To adopt good time management skills.
- 56 - To be able to create arguments which are conducive to critical and self-critical thinking.
- 57 - To acquire skills which favour reading comprehension.
- 58 - To be able to develop self-assessment exercises.
- 59 - To skilfully use software and ICTs.
- 63 - To be able to analyse business related behaviour and decisions and evaluate them from an economic, social and ethical point of view.
- 66 - To be able to retrieve and manage information.
The practical result is that the student will have had the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge and academic content in the workplace. Also, the internship will be incorporated into the student's business reality, developing a range of skills and abilities that will help students in their future integration into the workplace.
Since the main objective of the intership is to insert the students in the business world, we offer a number of tools to help them to search work placement in companies. This initial contact with the business world and its follow-up, will be reflected in a series of documents and meetings with the tutor at the university. In these documents the student must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences acquired.
The student must submit the following documents:
Monitoring reports and self-assessment skills report, where students:
• Describe their workday.
• Details of the functions performed.
• Elements that help them in learning or elements that they miss.
• Create a personalized plan to improve skills.
Written report where the student must demonstrate knowledge of:
• The company sector and market in which it operates.
• Description of the department where he practiced.
• Details of the tasks performed.
• Analysis of internal processes taking place in the company and reflect on possible improvements to implement .
• Analysis with critical and constructive spirit of the internship, doing a self-assessment of the degree of personal development acquired in different competences.
Teaching and learning activities
To competently develop the content, the University offers the following services:
PROFESIONALÍZATE!, program where students enjoy various sessions, including:
• CV Preparation Session: workshops and review.
• Vocational Counseling
• Session on "Making a personal interview"
• Session "Social Media: How to be present in the network"
• Mentoring sessions and professionalism in the business.
Follow-up and personalized support during the search and the internship:
• Search for companies and management of the agreements.
• Monitoring and support to students during practice.
• Tutoring Sessions: realization of a "personalized competency Improvement Plan"
Evaluation systems and criteria
This program is evaluated at the end of the traineeship, when the hours established are completed.
Internship assessment is as it follows:
• activities before internship:
- CV and "Manifestation of preferences." Delivery.
- Assistance to the activities of "Profesionalízate".
- Proactive finding of work placement in companies.
- Communication with the coordinator.
• Communication with the university tutor during internship:
- Monitoring reports.
- Self-assessment skills reports.
- Communication and meetings with the university tutor.
• Reports of the company tutor.
• Memory of the internship.
Bibliography and resources