Other languages of instruction: Catalan, Spanish
The interdisciplinary seminars aim to review the theoretical bases and present the main clinical situations that the student may encounter in the treatment of patients, being able to analyse and perform the correct diagnosis and treatment from the perspective of all specialties. In this way, the student will be able to consolidate the theoretical knowledge previously learned.
To apply the theoretical and practical knowledge previously learned from the perspective of other specialties. Based on different clinical situations.
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Differentiate the different options and techniques of complex / advanced treatments in the interaction between periodontics and orthodontics.
- Differentiate the various options and techniques of complex/advanced treatments in the interaction between periodontics and oral rehabilitation.
- Differentiate the various options and techniques of complex / advanced treatments in the interaction between periodontics and endodontics.
- Understand the main diagnostic criteria for pathologies related to periodontics, orthodontics and oral rehabilitation.
- Understand the main prognostic criteria for pathologies related to periodontics, orthodontics and oral rehabilitation.
- Be able to implement and integrate the interdisciplinary approach to oral health treatment and restoration.
- Be aware of the implications of malpractice and lack of interdisciplinary planning for oral cavity pathologies.
- Be able to perform autonomous and self-critical learning.
- Develop skills in teamwork and active listening.
- Be able to integrate and deepen the results of the learning process in an interdisciplinary way.
Teaching and learning activities
The student will work in a team with students of Masters of other disciplines. In interactive seminars, various topics will be discussed using clinical cases already treated and those still to be treated, treatment plans will be developed and, in the case of cases already completed, the critical component will be applied to the results obtained.
Evaluation systems and criteria
Continuous assessment based on participation in the seminars, and a written assessment will be conducted at the end of the seminars, which must be approved with a minimum of 7 out of 10 points.