The professor Victor Küppers is at disposal for the students in his mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Psychology is the scientific study of the optimum functioning of people and organizations. It’s based in a perspective of Psychology that focuses in helping the human beings develop themselves fully and for them to be able to lead a happy life, characterized by a high level of physical, psychological and social well-being. Because of this, professionals in environments such as health, education, work, organizations and personal development are now applying the results of the investigation.
Positive Psychology provides us with methodologies, tools and strategies to live with joy, hope and enthusiasm in our professional and private lives.
No requirements needed.
- To get to know what is the Positive Psychology and its scope of action.
- To provide students with the theoretical basis of Positive Psychology.
- To work with the students the principle ideas and proposals that the researchers put forward in the scope of Positive Psychology in order to live with more joy and enthusiasm.
- To improve the assistants’ habits to manage their own thoughts and emotions so that they know and can choose, in each moment, their best attitude in life to confront circumstances and situations that occur each day.
- 52 - To develop interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- 55 - To adopt good time management skills.
Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Origins and history of Positive Psychology
- Conceptual framework and theoretical bases of Positive Psychology
- Main references and researchers
Psychological well being and happiness
- Historical treatment, proposals and main approaches towards the happiness concept.
2. Self-knowledge: personal strengths and weaknesses.
3. Positive emotions and habits in order to develop happiness:
- Empathy and compassion
- To be proactive
Psychological well being inside the company
- Social responsibility of the company: management of people
- Affective leadership
- Positive leadership abilities
- Emotionally intelligent organizations
Positive Psychology and Mindfulness
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Practical methods
- Abilities to overcome stress
Positive Psychology and Coaching
- What is coaching
- Fields of action and methodologies
- 3. Personal and executive coaching
Teaching and learning activities
- Presentations of the professor
- Presentations of the students
- Presentations of external guests specialized in different areas of Positive Psychology
Evaluation systems and criteria
- 60% group work
- 40% participation in class
Bibliography and resources
- Stephen Covey
- Martín Seligman
- Sonia Lyubomirsky
- Barbara Fredickson
- Rojas Marcos