Other languages of instruction: Catalan
Reyes Alcón: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. In all cases an email should be sent in advance to arrange an appointment.
The subject consists of a set of lessons and sessions that together provide a tool to assist students in their approach to the professional environment.
To help students appreciate the legal world as a professional labour market and to provide them with the necessary tools to start their professional career.
- CA11 - Know how to develop skills that allow lawyers to be more efficient in their work and enhance the overall functioning of the team or institution they belong to by accessing information sources, using their knowledge of languages, knowledge management and the management of applied techniques and tools
- CB06 - Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas in a professional context.
- CB07 - Know how to apply acquired knowledge and problem-solving abilities in new or little-known surroundings within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- CB09 - Know how to communicate their conclusions to specialist and non-specialist audiences alike in a clear and unambiguous way along with the rationale and knowledge that supports them.
- CG01 - Acquire the ability to work individually and as part of a team as well as the communication and leadership skills required to progress in the legal profession.
Students will learn how to:
- Master legal and meta-legal knowledge, skills and competences of a strictly instrumental or auxiliary nature.
- Achieve in-depth highly specialised judicial, legal and regulatory knowledge that allows them to practice in specific branches or areas of the legal or paralegal professions.
• CV development workshop.
• Workshop on preparing a cover letter.
• The legal sector in Spain: who’s who?
• The selection process (i) Practical Recommendations
• The selection process (ii) Dynamic workshop and interview.
• LinkedIn Session - Personal profile development workshop.
• Self-knowledge tools - I.
• Self-knowledge tools - II.
• University-Business Day.
Teaching and learning activities
Simulation / role play
Evaluation systems and criteria
The subject consists of a total of 14 sessions.
Attending these sessions will result in a maximum of 7 points in the subject (0.5 points per session).
The rest of the course mark (3 points) will be obtained through class participation, work carried out and the level of involvement in the subject according to the opinion of the teachers involved.