By appointment. In order to make an appointment, please request one by email.
Written Communication II is a 6 ECTS credit subject taught in the second semester of the first year of the degree in Journalism.
Its aim is to provide students with the knowledge of journalistic genres: news, features stories and interview.
No pre-course requirements are needed to enrol in this subject.
- Evaluate outcomes and processes and point out ways to improve learning processes.
- Share evaluation tasks between teachers and students.
- Incorporate self-assessment processes and assessment among peers.
- 06 CG - The ability to read, analyze and synthesize
- 15 CE - Lingustic ability in Catalan, Spanish and English
- 17 CE - The ability to produce spoken and written texts for journalistic projects
- 29 CE - The ability to understand and apply different journalistic genres and formats
- 38 CE - Knowledge and mastery of concepts, data, statistics and economic graphs
- 40 CE - Knowledge and mastery of the use of language
- 45 CE - The ability and capacity to give a creative form to a journalistic message
Introduction to journalistic genresInformation, interpretation, opinion
Style, punctuation, vocabularyapproach ...
The W's. Lead. Headline.
Teaching and learning activities
|TRAINING ACTIVITY||ECTS CREDITS|
|Focused Praxis. Handing in occasional exercises to learn theory through practice.||1.5|
|Seminar. This activity will consist of taking an in-depth look at specific up-to-date topics in a monographic manner-in some cases these topics will have been debated socially-, via active work in small groups.||0.5|
|Lectures. In lectures, lecturers/professors not only transmit content or knowledge, but also, and above all else, attitudes, motivation, skills and values, etc. They also ensure that participants can express their opinions and arguments to the other students.||4|
Evaluation systems and criteria
Final exam: 40 %
Exercices: 40 %
Project: 20 %
Weekly Tests: + 10 %
It is necessary to take at least a 4 in the exam.
In second call: 100 % final exam.
Bibliography and resources
Lyon, William (2014): La escritura transparente. Cómo contar historias. Madrid: Libros del KO.
GRIJELMO, A. (2001): El estilo del periodista, Madrid: Taurus.
Libros de estilo de El País, ABC, EL Mundo y La Voz de Galicia.
Kapuscinski, Ryszard: Los cínicos no sirven para este oficio.
Vizuete, J. I. A., Caminos, J. M. (2009). Redacción informativa en prensa. Ariel
RANDALL, R. (1999): El periodista universal, Madrid: Siglo Veintiuno de España Editores.