Stress Management Workshop
- Eight weekly hour and a half sessions
- General public: €150
UIC Barcelona students: €80
- Dates and times
- February 2020 (Confirmation pendient)
General public: Tuesday, 6.30 to 8 p.m.
UIC Barcelona students: Monday, 2.30 to 4 p.m., or Thursday 10 to 11.30 a.m.
- Support - Campus Sant Cugat
- Spanish, Catalan
- Contact details
- Laura Romero
Psychoeducational workshop on stress management and prevention led by psychologist Claudia Rossy.
Intended for young people aged 16 to 21 who experience stress and anxiety in their daily lives, the aim of this workshop is to help participants to detect warning signs and give them tools and techniques to help them relax and regain a state of calm and control through self-awareness.
The sessions will be carried out in small groups and will be largely practical in nature.
Content and structure
The workshop will be divided into four modules, with two sessions per module:
- Psychoeducation of stress: An in-depth look will be taken at the concept of stress and its various manifestations.
- Self-analysis: Warning signs, sources of stress, cognitive distortions and activating events-beliefs-consequences (ABC).
- Management techniques and strategies.
- Life management and conclusion: Hierarchy of values and routine.
Sessions will be held each week in groups of 5-6 people and will last one and a half hours. They will include exercises based on the technique known as mindfulness, and participants will engage in weekly self-monitoring. The instructor will explain the techniques and exercises and answer any questions that might arise.
Anyone interested in doing so may complement the workshop with one or two 45-minute individual sessions at the beginning and end of the academic year.