The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya is an institution at the service of those who aspire to excellence. This concept is closely linked to the mission of the University and its ideology, taking into account the European social model.
The UIC's objectives can be summarised as follows:
- Creating an environment that supports professional who are competent researchers and effective lecturers.
- Promoting a culture in which students take responsibility for their learning; collaborating and participating in the process through activities; developing independence; thinking about learning and using technology to enrich the learning experience.
- Implementing innovative and effective methodologies with specific strategies aimed at the real world (problem solving, collaborative learning, independent learning, self-assessment, project-based learning, etc.).
- Integrating IT teaching (online activities, material that supports computer and multimedia use, etc.)
- Systemising academic activities (tutorials, tutoring models, jobs, internships and projects in the ECTS model).
- An international approach to everything: exchange opportunities for students and teachers, and partnerships with prestigious universities and research centres.
- Implementing the criteria and guidelines of the ENQA (European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education), which guarantees internal quality assurance in European higher education institutions.
UIC Barcelona's faculties and schools combine diversity in how the teaching model is applied with the unity described in the university's ideology.