The Cooperation and Sustainable Development Office at UIC Barcelona has organised the 1st edition of the 2030 Agenda SDG Awards for final degree projects (TFG) and final master's degree projects (TFM). It is an open call for university students, which aims to recognise projects based on academic excellence, with conceptual contributions and practical implications that can be linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at either a local or global level.
If your final degree project (TFG) or final master's degree project (TFM) is linked to one or more of the 17 sustainable development goals (SDG) from the 2030 Agenda, it can be submitted to this call.
Terms and conditions of the competition:
- € 500 in the Final Degree Project (TFG) category and an accredited diploma
- € 500 in the Final Master's Degree Project (TFM) category and a diploma.
- Certified runner-up prizes for the five best-qualified TFG or TFM finalists.
2. Important dates
- The deadline for submitting the projects is between 7 February and 20 September, 2022.
- The decisions made about the projects to be awarded will be announced directly to the winners and also through UIC Barcelona’s social networks on 20 October, 2022.
- The awards ceremony will take place during the 14th Cross-Disciplinary Sustainability Workshop to be held in 2022.
The purpose of these awards is to raise awareness of and reward a commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) among the TFG and TFM projects carried out at UIC Barcelona.
The 17 SDGs pursue equality among people (SDGs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5), protecting the planet (SDGs 6, 12, 13, 14 and 15), ensuring prosperity (SDGs 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11), promoting peace (SDG 16) and building partnerships (SDG 17).
4. Requirements for students to participate:
- Having defended a TFG / TFM in the 2021/2022 academic year at UIC Barcelona.
- Having completed a TFG / TFM linked to one or more of the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda.
- Having obtained a mark of no less than 8 out of 10.
- The language used for the project must be Spanish, Catalan or English.
- The project presented must be unpublished and self-authored.
- Presenting the required documentation.
- Accepting the competition rules.
The jury will consist of an Interdisciplinary Tribunal and will declare null and void any projects that do not meet the requirements set out in this call.
6. Judging criteria
- Creativity and originality of the topic (10%)
- Research objectives, theoretical framework and research methodology (25%)
- Formal aspects of the paper and quality of the written text (20%)
- Conceptual contributions and practical implications of the TFG or TFM in terms of SDGs (30%)
- Bibliographical references and sources used (15%)
7. Required information
Send the TFG / TFM with the following information:
- First name / Surname:
- Email address:
- Mobile number:
- Type: TFM or TFG
- Project tutor:
- Tutor's email:
- Mark obtained for the TFG / TFM: 8/9/10 or equivalent grade.
- Attach evidence that reflects the qualification of the TFG or TFM
- Title of the TFG / TFM:
- Keywords related to the SDGs:
- Summary or reflection of the TFG / TFM:
- Indicate the SDG (s) that are related to the project
- Contribution and value of the TFG / TFM to the implementation of the SDG’s specific objectives
- Research objectives and methodology
- Conceptual contributions and practical implications of the SDGs
- Attach the TFG / TFM in a single compressed file. ZIP or RAR
Sending this information implicitly means you have read and accepted the competition’s terms and conditions, the disclaimer and the privacy and data protection policies.
The online form will be open from 07/02/22 to 20/9/2022.
8. Publication and dissemination
The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya reserves the right to disseminate the data provided for the competition (title of the project, author and summary), the name of the winners and the titles of the awarded projects, with express reference to where they have been published.
For further information, please write to email@example.com
Cooperation and Sustainable Development Office