The work placement programme is fundamental in terms of the objectives and competences which need to be acquired from this Master’s programme, thus ensuring that students can be in direct contact with the sector in which they work or aim to work. Work placements are awarded 14 ECTS (equivalent to 350 hours of work placements approximately) and are divided up over the academic year.
Please bear in mind that work placements normally take place in the morning, during the working hours of legal bodies. You will also undertake work placements in various healthcare organisations (mental health clinics or offices).
Work experience will depend on the current circumstances and the availability of work opportunities at the companies and entities.
Work placement centres
- Technical Advisory Teams in the Field of the Family (EATAF) in the Department of Justice in the Catalan Government.
- Adult prisons (Unit for Psychiatric Penitentiary Hospitalisation (UHPP), Quatre Camins prison, Brians 1 prison, and Brians 2 prison) and also Til·lers school.
- Institute for Legal Medicine of Catalonia (IMLCFC) in the Department of Justice in the Catalan Generalitat.
- Severe Psychiatric Unit at Duran i Reynals Hospital.
- Institute of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology of Barcelona (Dr Leopoldo Ortega-Monasterio).
- INDACEP Medical Centre (Dr Alfonso Sanz)
- Córcega Medical Advisory Board of Barcelona (Dr José Manuel Romacho).
- The offices of Dr Luis Borrás.
*Only available for Psychology graduates.
Case studies (EDC)
EDCs are four hour seminars that are taught by the university every Thursday (times to be confirmed)
The main professional opportunities include:
- Exercising the professional privately.
- Developing your job and becoming an expert specialising in mental health.