Master's Degree in Architecture and Design Business Management
- Students with a university degree (with or without work experience), preferably in Architecture, Engineering or the field of Creative Design.
- Architects, engineers, product, graphic and creative designers and anyone who works professionally in the industry, construction or real estate sectors.
- Professionals interested in enhancing their management skills in the areas of Marketing, Sales and the internal management of corporate resources.
Reasons to study this master
- To turn Architecture professionals and professionals from the creative and industrial sectors into true managers and businesspersons in their field.
- To understand current professional challenges and the changes resulting from becoming a senior manager/executive in the field of Architecture and creative professions.
- To form a true symbiosis between the university world and business.
- To promote the personal skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur.
- To teach students how to manage the everyday aspects of creative enterprises.
- To provide students the knowledge and vocabulary needed to become a senior manager/executive with university-level technical/creative training.
- To be able to create a Business and Marketing Plan.
- To make decisions in a qualified, strategic manner.
Hear it from them
The Master’s Degree in Architecture and Design Business Management is great because it combines two very important aspects of the field that are generally difficult to find on the same course. It teaches you about business as well as design and architecture. Personally, I feel that it has greatly influenced how I think, how I approach the projects I work on as part of my career, and thanks to the subjects on coaching and leadership, I have discovered a new field in which I continue to expand my knowledge and skills. I highly recommend this Master’s degree as it can be adapted to suit a wide range of personal and professional profiles, which means anyone has a lot to gain from the subjects it offers.
Being part of this Master’s degree has allowed me to not only build meaningful connections with numerous international professionals, but also to open countless doors in a place as outstanding in the field of architecture and design as Barcelona.
Within the business sphere of the technical/creative world, there is a marked shortage of professionals with knowledge specific to their particular discipline and the skills to develop and properly manage a company.
The Master’s Degree in Architecture and Design Business Management strives to ensure that you will be able to bring a distinctive value to your profession through business know-how. This knowledge will bolster your capacity to expand your business and increase your chances of joining the leading companies in your sector, which are in need of professionals with technical knowledge and a versatile, innovative and strategic business mind.
This degree is closely linked to the city of Barcelona, its enterprises and Architecture and Creative Design professionals. In addition to classes, the programme also includes seminars by renowned professionals, visits to top-level companies and a wide range of lecturers.
Master's students' countries of origin
- AMADO MEDINA, Marçal
- AMIGÓ NAVARRO, Pau
- ARANEGA MORENO, Jordi
- BALOGUN ORTIZ, Nuria
- BAYO MOLINA, Enric
- CARRASCO NEVADO, Patricia
- FARRERAS DURAN, Maria del Carmen
- GABARRÓ BERTRÁN, Maria Isabel
- GUERSENZVAIG, Ariel Leonardo
- GUILUZ DOMENECH, Albert
- MILLET LOPEZ, Pau
- NIETO CUBERO, Javier
- NUÑEZ GIMENO, Patricia
- PÉREZ ARNAL, Ignacio
- PUIG-PEY CLAVERÍA, Ana
- RECOLONS ARGENTER, Guillem
- RODRIGUEZ NIETO, Jorge Hernán
- SAN JUAN GONZALEZ, Enrique Esteban
- SAPIÑA GRAU, Antoni Joan
- TEIXIDO ESCOBAR, Jorge
- TORRECILLA SÁNCHEZ, Ricardo
Application Process Deadlines for 2022-2023
First call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 4 March 2022
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 7 - 11 March 2022 (only if required)
- Communication of results: 14 March 2022
- Deadline to reserve a place: 28 March 2022
Second call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 6 May 2022
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 9 - 13 May 2022 (only if required)
- Communication of results: 16 May 2022
- Deadline to reserve a place: 30 May 2022
Third call for applications
- Deadline for submitting documents: 3 June 2022
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 6 - 10 June 2022 (only if required)
- Communication of results: 13 June 2022
- Deadline to reserve a place: 27 June 2022
Extraordinary call for applications (only if there are places available)
- Deadline for submitting documents: 16 September 2022
- Skype interviews with preselected candidates: 19 - 23 September 2022 (only if required)
- Communication of results: 26 September 2022
- Deadline to reserve a place: 10 October 2022
*Note: Skype interviews are made on a needs basis only. The purpose they serve is to clarify any questions regarding candidate's CV or cover letter, at the discretion of the Master's Team. Not all admitted students will be required to do an interview.
*Following each step, the applicants will be notiﬁed if they have been:
a) Accepted: You will receive your acceptance letter along with instructions on how to pay the deposit and reserve a place. Acceptance will only be conﬁrmed upon payment.
b) Placed on a waiting list: Your application will be reviewed again during the next call.
c) Not accepted
Documents submission must be complete in order to include the applicant in each admission call. If some documents are missing, your application will be kept until completed and reviewed during the next admission call.
- Reserve a place: Pay the deposit (20% of the total fee)
- Enrollment fee: Pay the remaining amount (80% of the total fee)
- Enrollment date: 4 November 2022
- Deadline to pay the enrollment fee: 18 November 2022
Prerequisites & admissions
Who can apply?
Students with a university degree (with or without work experience), preferably in Architecture, Engineering or the field of Creative Design.
Architects, engineers, product, graphic and creative designers and anyone who works professionally in the industry, construction or real estate sectors.
Professionals interested in enhancing their management skills in the areas of Marketing, Sales and the internal management of corporate resources.
How to apply
- Register online
- Upload the following documents to the admission’s portal:
- Photocopy of your passport
- 1 passport-size photo
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Diploma**
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Academic Transcript
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona general conditions (download the form from the admission’s portal)
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona data protection form (download the form from the admission’s portal)
- A filled in and signed copy of the grant survey referring to any external grants/financial aid for which you may have applied (download the form from the admission’s portal)
- Motivation letter (in English; please include your Skype username in your signature)
- CV (in English)
- Portfolio (in English and pdf format; content and length up to the student)
- Certiﬁcate of English language level (minimum B2)
- Recommendation letters
- Other certiﬁcates, diplomas or proof of work experience
* Document must have an oﬃcial stamp from your university
** If you do not yet have your Diploma, please submit the proof of payment of the diploma issuance fees or a document from your university certifying your expected date of graduation.
Accommodation and Visas
Students are responsible for ﬁnding accommodation and acquiring visas.