Master's Degree in Endodontics Online
This master’s degree will provide:
- Training as an expert in the field of endodontics.
- Knowledge of new materials and technologies related to endodontics.
Once students have completed this master’s degree, they will be qualified to clinically tackle cases of endodontics or reendodontics in order to understand and value scientific articles on endodontics and be able to undertake a bibliographical review.
It is for that reason that the objectives of this master’s degree are:
- To diagnose the problems that concern the periapical pulp complex.
- To acquire the clinical and cognitive abilities to tackle endodontic problems.
- To be able to make decisions when faced with endodontic failure.
- To be able to undertake endodontics and reendodontics.
- To be familiar with apical surgery and intentional reimplantation
- To be able to deal with orthograde retreatments.
- To understand scientific articles related to endodontics.
- To design a research project.
- To relate endodontics to other areas of dentistry.
Preserving teeth is the basis of dentistry. Currently endodontics is one of the specialisations within dental practice that is experiencing increased demand due to the lack of specialised professionals who can manage the high level of difficulty it involves. Knowledge of radicular anatomy and dental pulp states is a challenge to a general dentist. It is important for odontologists to acquire the knowledge and skills that are necessary to tackle endodontic treatment and retreatments independently of the difficulties that these may involve.
The proposal to offer an online Master’s degree in Endodontics is due to the high demand in endodontics within the dentistry sector. This master’s degree is set out as a top level programme within the university system, although without achieving the highest level of qualification offered by the European Master’s Degree in Endodontics. Due to the current economic situation many students who opt for part-time study find areas lacking in module-based or short programmes, since they believe that they will not provide enough work placements or fall short in terms of literature reviews and research methods. Online Master's Degree in Endodontics students will be odontologists who want to increase their knowledge in endodontics, with an education based on evidence, combining clinical placements with scientific knowledge, but who are unable to take a full-time or semi-exclusive three-year master’s degree.
Material which the student must supply:
- Laptop (minimum requirements for network connection 10/100).
- Reflex Camera + Macro Lens 90mm – 100mm + Macro flash anular. The camera must have the option to record video.
- Rotary material: turbine, micromotor, adaptor and contra angle.
- Electric endodontic micromotor with torque control. Must have the option to be used in continuous rotation and reciprocation motion.
- Dental periapical radiovisiography
- Elements obturation unit o similar.
To access the University Dental Clinic (CUO), the student must bring:
- Personal protection face shield
- Total protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses, which will not be necessary for total protection glasses. All other special protective material will be provided by the clinic.
- ABELLA SANS, Francesc
- DA SILVA MENDES CORTE REAL, Luís Miguel
- DE NOÉ HERNÁNDEZ, Susana
- DORIA JAUREGUÍZAR, Guillermo
- DURÁN-SINDREU TEROL, Fernando Salvador
- GARRIDO POZA, Iván
- GHERASIM, Corneliu Marian
- GÓMEZ ROJAS, Adriana
- GÓMEZ VAL, Gonzalo
- IRAZUSTA HERNANDEZ, Sergio
- LOPES QUARESMA, Sérgio André
- MARFISI NAVA, Karem Sidney
- MORELLÓ CASTRO, Sergio
- MOSCOSO QUIJADA, Saddy Analí
- NUÑEZ AVELLANEDA, Alejandro Luciano
- PASCUAL IRIGOYEN, Javier
- PEREIRA DA COSTA, Rui Jorge Faria
- PEREIRA SARAIVA DE AGUILAR, Artur Filipe
- PINEDA PALACIOS, Kenneth Roderico
- RAMÍREZ SEBASTIÀ, Anaïs
- RODRIGUEZ MILLAN, Gustavo Andres
- RUIZ SÁNCHEZ, Xavier Fructuós
- TENA MARTÍN, Gracia María
- TOMÀS ALIBERAS, Jordi
- VISÚS CAPELL, Violeta
Prerequisites & admissions
Application for admissions
If you are interested in studying this Master's degree, you must do the following:
Fill in the application form which you must request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Send by post or hand in the necessary documentation to the Faculty of Dentistry.
Students must hold a qualification that equips them to exercise dentistry-oral surgery in their country or origin or residence.
Interview with the programme director or coordinator via Skype where they will evaluate the students’ academic and personal skills, as well as their ability to work in a team.
Required documentation for registration
- A filled-in pre-registration sheet.
- 1 attested copy of the corresponding degree qualification (with an original stamp).
- 1 Academic Certificate of qualifications (original or attested photocopy).
- A photocopy of your national ID card (DNI) or passport.
- Payment of €90** via bank transfer and payment receipt sent by post. (Except for former UIC Barcelona degree students).
- Copy of CV listing courses and conferences attended.
- Letters of recommendation (recommended, not compulsory)
*For students from outside the European Union, both their qualifications and their degree qualification must be attested via the diplomatic route or carry a Hague Apostille stamp. (The degree qualification does not need to have been officially homologated).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme must provide a list of the qualifications they have obtained up until the date they register.
**Not reimbursable for administration fees.
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
C/ Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.