Webinars en Cirurgia Ortognàtica i Ortodòncia Quirúrgica
The treatment of maxillofacial deformities using techniques of orthognathic surgery and surgical orthodontics has undergone a diagnostic and therapeutic revolution in recent years Meanwhile, there are currently no Continuing education programmes on this topic at a university level. The UIC’s Department of Surgery and Orthodontics and Department of Dentofacial Orthopaedics include a number of experienced professionals with know-how in this field. The Maxillofacial Institute is a leading reference point for orthognathic surgery treatments in Europe.
- To provide tools for diagnosis, clinical planning and 3D radiology.
- To master the essential concepts of the orthodontic handling of surgical cases.
- To incorporate the various surgical treatment techniques.
- To stress the collaboration process between the orthodontist and surgeon in these treatments.
- To provide an update on the latest advances in this field.
Direction and coordination
- Dr Federico Hernández Alfaro
- Dr Andreu Puigdollers
- Dr Núria Clusellas
- Dr Jorge Masiá
- Dr Adaia Valls
- Mastery of the diagnosis and planning processes of surgical cases.
- Knowledge of the protocols for handling every clinical situation.
- Knowledge of the orthodontic techniques for each of these cases.
- Knowledge of surgical techniques in facial skeletal surgery.
- Knowledge of procedures on soft tissues.
20 weekly webinars during the second semester of 2020.
The order of the conferences will be announced at the beginning of the academic year
The webinars will take place on Monday.
Total number of hours: 40 hours
- Dr. Federico Hernández Alfaro
- Dr. Samir Aboul- Hosn
- Dra. Raquel Guijarro
- Dra. Adaia Valls
- Dr. Jorge Masiá
- Dr. Ramón Sieira
- Dr. Andreu Puigdollers
- Dr. Marcos Costa
- Dra. Núria Clusellas
- Dr. Oriol Quevedo
- Dr. Fernando de la Iglesia
Conference Speakers on Surgery
- Dr. Rafael Alcalde (USA): “Management of Transverse Problems”.
- Dr. Jocelyn Shand (Australia): “The Role of Orthognathic Surgery in Paediatric Patients”
- Dr. Gabriele Millesi (Austria): “Treatment of Open Bite Deformities”.
- Dr. Daniel Brusco (Switzerland): Distraction osteogenesis of the maxillofacial skeleton.
- Dr. Orion Haas (Brasil): Advanced 3D planning in orthognathic surgery.
- Dr. Massimo Robiony (Italy): Use of piezoelectric devices in orthognathic surgery.
- Dr. Rodrigo Fariña (Chile): Management of condylar hyperplasia.
- Dr. Florencio Monje (Spain): Orthognathic surgery and the temporomandibular joint.
- Dr. Benito Ramos (Spain): Orthognathic Surgery in SAHOS patients.
- Dra. Alicia Dean (Córdoba): Navegación en cirugía ortognática
Conference Speakers on Orthodontic
- Dr. Javier Prieto (Spain): “Treatment plan for orthognathic surgery”.
- Dr. Carlos Villegas Bateman (Colombia): Communication between the surgeon and orthodontist for Surgery First.
- Dr. Carlos Flores-Mir (Canada): “Stability”.
- Dr. Flavio Uribe (USA): “Surgery First”
- Dr. Christodoulos P. Laspos (Cyprus): “Orthognathic surgery and cleft patients”.
- Dr. Manuel Lagravere Vich (Canada): analysis to determine three-dimensional skeletal and dental changes in orthodontic and surgical treatments.
- Dr. Juan Fernando Aristizabal (Colombia): “Surgery First”.
- Dr. Nazan Kucukkeles: “Surgery assisted protraction of maxilla in Class III adolescants”
- Dr. Eduardo Messen (Chile): "Orthodontic Preparation for Orthognathic Surgery".
Prerequisites & admissions
- Resident or specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery
- Resident or specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
Entrance criteria and conditions or special entrance exams
Knowledge of the English language: Assessment
Body responsible for admission
Secretary of the centre.