Other languages of instruction: Spanish
For inquiries, or to schedule an interview, you can contact the teacher via email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes for the morning group will be taught through blended learning. Classes for the evening group will be online.
The subject aims to provide future teachers conceptual and methodological bases for developing a didactic intervention focused on students and their learning processes. In particular, we will focus on the interrelation between theory and practice to understand the methodological and cientific framework which justifies the intervention and didactics intervention in language field.
To achive the necessary knowledge regarding communicative competence in spoken and written language.
To get to know educational practices and didactics to teaching this area.
To know how to use methodological strategies and instruments to pass this subject.
- CEM-46 - To know the school curriculum for languages and literature.
- CEM-47 - To speak, read and write correctly and appropriately in the official languages of the corresponding Autonomous Region (in our case, Catalan and Spanish).
- CEM-48 - To be familiar with the learning process of the written language, and its teaching.
- CEM-49 - To foment reading and the critical commentary of texts and to encourage writing.
- CEM-51 - To manage language learning issues in multilingual and multicultural contexts.
- CEM-53 - To develop and evaluate curriculum content through appropriate teaching resources, and to promote the corresponding basic skills in pupils.
- CET-1 - Interpersonal responsibility: to be aware of professional performance and influence on students. To have the skills and knowledge to manage group processes and communication for good collaboration with and between students.
- CET-2 - Pedagogical responsibility: to have the knowledge and teaching skills required to create a safe learning environment for both classes and groups, but also for individual students, in order that children can become responsible, independent adults.
- CET-3 - Expertise in the subject taught and teaching methodologies: to have the required knowledge in the subject taught and to know which teaching methods should be applied to create a good learning environment where students can acquire the cultural baggage they need to live in society. and to do so in an up-to-date, professional and systematic manner.
- CET-4 - Expertise in the subject taught and teaching methodologies: to have the required knowledge in the subject taught and to know which teaching methods should be applied to create a good learning environment where students can acquire the cultural baggage they need to live in society. and to do so in an up-to-date, professional and systematic manner.
- CET-5 - Collaboration with colleagues in the profession: to have the knowledge and skills required to make a professional contribution to the teaching environment in the school, in professional relationships, and to achieve a good school organization.
- CET-6 - Collaboration with the professional environment at the school: to have the knowledge and skills required to establish good relations with the people and institutions dedicated to child welfare or belonging to the school's professional environment.
- CET-7 - To promote responsibility in terms of professional development: to analyse, reflect on and develop points of view about the profession and teaching skills, to know how to make these clear and how to bring them up to date.
- CG-02 - To communicate clearly and correctly in the language of instruction (Catalan and Spanish), orally and in writing, in accordance with level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
- CG-04 - To promote and facilitate attention to the unique educational needs of students, gender equality, fairness and respect for human rights, in the contexts of learning and social harmony, both in the school and in relation to the surroundings.
- CG-09 - To be familiar with the elements that make up creativity, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-10 - To be familiar with the elements that make up entrepreneurial spirit, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
- CG-11 - To be familiar with the elements that make up the quality-based approach, the different levels of proficiency and how to develop this skill as much as possible.
1. To identify the basic concepts of the subject and set it in a study context.
3. To understand the importance of language in society and its management in schools.
5. To understand and become familiar with linguistic skills, and relate them to the skills established in the current curriculum.
6. To plan the areas of language and literature based on the skills established in the primary-education curriculum, and to focus on quality.
7. To establish criteria and systems for assessments in the subject.
8. To use methodological strategies to promote writing and reading.
9. To learn and apply existing teaching resources for the subject in a creative way.1. Identifies the basic concepts of the subject and set it in the context of the studies.
15 Language skills: oral and written language.
16 From linguistic skills to competences in the area of Elementary Language and Literature.
17 Programming in the area of Language and Literature.
18 Assessment in the area of Language and Literature.
19 Situations literacy in the classroom: methodological strategies.
21 Materials and technological resources in the area of Language and Literature.
22 Situations language learning in multilingual contexts: plans, resources and strategies.
Teaching and learning activities
GROUP ASUN VERDERA (MORNING)
Practical reflective activities
Writing errors will be discounted: 0.5 major error, 0.25 minor error
GROUP WITH MARIA PUJOL (EVENING)
Activities for reflective practice
|CEM-46 CEM-48 CET-3 CG-04 CG-07 CG-08 CG-09 CG-10 CG-11||Learning contract|
Presentation methods / lecture
Individual / independent study and work
|CEM-47 CEM-49 CET-1 CET-3 CG-02 CG-03 CG-04 CG-07 CG-08 CG-09 CG-10||Problem-based learning|
Group study and work
|CEM-50 CET-3 CG-04 CG-07 CG-08 CG-11||Presentation methods / lecture||Theory classes|
|CEM-52 CET-1 CET-3 CG-02 CG-03 CG-04 CG-07 CG-08 CG-09||Problem-based learning|
|CEM-53 CET-1 CET-3 CG-02 CG-03 CG-04 CG-07 CG-08 CG-09 CG-10||Problem-based learning|
Group study and work
Evaluation systems and criteria
In the context of graduate studies, assessment is continuous. Information for students is qualitative (Outstanding, Notable, Approved and Unapproved). The numerical final grade will be the result of demonstrated competencies, and a number of variables which have been taken into account:
- Interest and monitoring
- individual works
- Group works
- Exercises and tests
- Domain of communicative competence
- Deepening the concepts
- On time delivery
GROUP WITH ASUN VERDERA
1. Reading dimension
2. Written Dimension
3. Oral dimension
4. Operation of the language
Objective tests (T. 1,2,3) + (T. 4) 40%
Reflection of alternating practices 35%
Other activities 15%
Attitude: autonomy, responsibility, cooperative work 10%
GROUP WITH MARIA PUJOL
The assessment of this course is continuous and attendance is compulsory (minimum attendance of 60% of classes). Assessed tasks need to be submitted on time. Assessment consists of several tasks:
Unit 1. Introduction to the communication skills
Class test (10%)
Unit 2. Development of reading comprehension
Individual project (25%)
Unit 3. Development of oral skills
Group presentation and didactic unit (25%)
Unit 4. Developing writing
Class test (25%)
Attendance, participation in class and on Moodle forums, and everyday tasks (15%)
Tasks should be submitted in Catalan. Assessments with language errors are considered Not Marked, but being able to re-submit with a Passed as a ceiling grade. Language mistakes (spelling, grammar, coherence, punctuation ...) in submitted tasks deduct points. In activities prepared at home: 0.5 points for a major error and 0.25 for minor error. In activities written in class: 0.3 points for a major error and 0.2 for minor error.
Bibliography and resources
About this subject:
Cassany, D. (1993). La cuina de l’escriptura. Empúries.
Cassany, D. (2018). Laboratori lector. Per entendre la lectura. Anagrama.
Cassany, D.; Luna, M. i Sanz, G. (1993). Ensenyar llengua. Graó.
Generalitat de Catalunya (2009). Del currículum a les programacions.
Palou, J. & Bosch, C. (2005). La lengua oral a l’escola: 10 experiències didàctiques. Graó.
Rodari, G. (2009). Gramàtica de la fantasia. Proa.
Solé, I. (1999). Estrategias de lectura. Graó.
Solé, I. (2003). “Propuesta de secuencia didáctica para la enseñanza de la comprensión lectora (educación primaria)”. In Solé, I. (2003). Estrategias de lectura. (p. 171-176). Graó.
Tusón, J. (2001). El llenguatge és un mitjà de comunicació. Una imatge no val més que mil paraules. Contra els tòpics. (p. 35-41). Empúries.
Vilà, M. & Vila, I. (1994). Acerca de la enseñanza de la lengua oral, Comunicación, Lenguaje y Educación, 23, p. 45-54.