Apical Microsurgery: Step by Step
The basic concepts explained by the course are those of apical microsurgery itself and also periradicular microsurgery. The former basically covers apicoectomy and retrograde obturation, while the latter takes in lateral root surgery and how to deal with amputations and fractures, hemisections and also intentional replantation and transplants.
Students will have access to the latest and most innovative materials as well as the use of one microscope each during practical sessions. All of this takes place in completely secure conditions as part of a reduced-size class.
The Total immersion course in apical microsurgery is aimed at those professionals (stomatologists and dentists) who wish updating and broadening their knowledge in the field of endodontics.
- To know how to assess the degree of difficulty of an endodontic case and implement the correct planning.
- To be able to use new technologies which apply directly to the field of apical surgery.
- To encourage work under magnification (dental microscope).
- To teach the most up-to-date knowledge and techniques of apical microsurgery.
- To master the technique used in both simple and complex cases.
- To know how to produce 3D guides for difficult-to-access apical lesions.
- Dr. Francesc Abella
- Dr. Guillermo Doria
Prerequisites & admissions
- To be a stomatologist or dentist.